Lord on Demonic Mount Bent Horns - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lord on Demonic Mount Bent Horns

I posted this here since more people might have run into this. I just got my Warriors of Chaos Lord on Demonic box in, and every horn on the horse is bent. Is this is normal with the Games Workshop metal figures, or did I just get a dud. Not sure if I try reshaping it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Unfortunatly sometimes it happens. Just life i guess lol.

Try bending them back and if it's too much work just take it back to GW and say you've tried, they'll either fix it for you or give you a brand new one.

If you try bending it back, soak it in hot water for a little while to soften the metal, that helps with the bending sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exact same thing happened with mine, I had mine delivered and I figured it must have been resting on its horns during it's rid to me, but I guess it's common for this model. Also, it fits horribly together, none of the parts are cast properly so you have to do a ton of filing in orner for it to look semi-decent. As a result this lord figure has found itself on my gaming table a grand total of one time. U-G-L-Y.
    Chaos Warriors (2009) 16-4-9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Models always require a little work. A bent horn is usually easily bent back. Good merchants will take a model back if it's too badly bent or molded.

But do try bending it back. It's easier than you think!
    "How do you stop a Chaos Knight from charging? No seriously, HELP!" André le Bouffon, jester of the Bretonnian court - last words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone...

Yeah I always expect to do some work, but this time it's pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Here are some photos...

Last edited by dshavers; March 6th, 2009 at 19:49.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ouch, that' pretty bad. It's borderline of the "take it back" limit.

So, have you tried to bend them back?
    "How do you stop a Chaos Knight from charging? No seriously, HELP!" André le Bouffon, jester of the Bretonnian court - last words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I figured it was pretty bad. I haven't tried yet. I wanted to find out from the vendor I got it from if he would take it back and give me another one. I'm guessing the GW Store won't do anything about it since I didn't get it there.

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

So the vendor I bought it from won't do anything about it. Said to just bend it back. He mentioned that I could call them and tell them the pieces are missing and they would send me a new one, but not sure how I feel about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same thing on mine.
    I took it back to the store and the manager tried the 'it's normal to be like that, haven't you ever put a metal miniature together?' line.
    He then recieved my blankest of blank stares. The one that says I'm twenty nine. I've been painting and modelling since I was six. Twenty-Three bloody years.

I then watched him sit down and spend half an hour straightening the bits, filing down, cutting off superfluous tags and greenstuffing in the QUARTER INCH GAPS between the two halves of the horse.
    Last edited by Seth-Ra the Everliving; March 6th, 2009 at 20:47.
    Invisible Toast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm stuff happens, but you would think it would have been packed a little better for a 30.00 miniature. I didn't get it from GW so I'm probably just screwed. I'll call my local store and see what they say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call GW and tell them that you have a poorly cast and bent minautre. Be specific when you call them and let them know that your local hobby store has already kicked you back to them. They will send a replacement. I buy WAY TO MUCH GW stuff and I run across this quite often..........GW guys are always great with customer service to resolve any issues.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast