Tzeetch Lord on Disk?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tzeetch Lord on Disk??

I am looking for imput for a Tzeetch Lord on a Disk. I like the idea of a highly mobile Lord character being able to throw in where needed. Problem is always the same for a character outside of a unit though, how to balance offense and defense....one idea I came up with...

Lord with Mark of Tzeetch
    Disk of Tzeetch
    Flail
    Chaos Runeshield
    Collar of Khorne
    Word of Agony

I would be very interested in any thoughts or alternatives ideas.

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Do you

Do you really want a Lord working on his own? If you do take that route perhaps you should look at giving him some wayof causing terror or otherwise making anuisance of himself if you don't want to charge into combat. It also seems a bit of a waste of his superb mobility if you are going to want to use his Leadership to support your units...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Zarahemna above. It seems like a good idea at first glance, but I think a Lord like that is just too vulnerable to be worth the points. Also note that a 5+ Ward won't save you from shooting at all, so he's gotta get stuck in quickly. Usually that means getting stuck in alone, and that's quite dangerous.

Much better, I think, to leave him on a steed of some sort and put him with a sacrificial unit. A lord on steed in a unit of fast cav is almost as maneuverable as a flyer, but infinitely harder to kill with shooting - and they also allow you to deny rank bonuses and add a little firepower to your charges.
    Trust in your core choices - love them, hate them, wish them dead to clear charges, but remember that come end they will pull off a miracle for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exhalted

Go with a hero on a disk, he'll almost deliver the same amount of pain.
    "How do you stop a Chaos Knight from charging? No seriously, HELP!" André le Bouffon, jester of the Bretonnian court - last words.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Exalted is right!

Exalted is right, our champions are pure nastiness and I don't think you will have anything to complain about should you throw one of these up your opponents flank every now and again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Well, just because hes on a disc doesn't mean he'll be working alone, it just means he can be where you want when you want. He can sit behind screens while the army marches to avoid being shot, then throw him in whichever combat you want, to either kill or sit lords/champions, take challenges for a sorc etc. With a lord you obviously have access to much more versatility in terms of magic items as well. On top of all this, he is most likely your general, so with the disc you can throw him wherever needs his leadership the most. I think it's a very good idea.

Just my 2 cents.
    2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Yes pity about the cannons, bolt throwers and dragons in so many lists these days. Mabye an exhalted on disk
    Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

while were on the topic of discs, does the disc itself get an attack in combat?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by MorsGratus View Post
    while were on the topic of discs, does the disc itself get an attack in combat?
    Nope. Having only 1 wound, the disc counts as a normal cavalry mount, no different than a steed carrying a Knight or a Marauder Horseman. It cannot be directly attacked.
    The Blessed of the Four
    By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think MorsGratus may have been asking if the Disk gets TO attack. If so, yes it does (p 121 of army book)

Regards

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast