Epic Gateways - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epic Gateways

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Epic Gateways

Many of us will have experienced the feeling of utter joy felt when you manage to suck your enemies uber-death unit into the warp with an 11 or 12 result with Infernal Gateway.

This thread is for sharing your stories of just such moments.

I decided to do this after today during a game my sorc managed to get it off after 3 turns of the entire army only killing 1 dwarf warrior, rolled a strength twelve and wiped a unit of 28 Ironbreakers, dwarf lord and BSB off the board.

Please try and include as much detail as possible e.g unit, irresistible force, etc.

Last edited by Ku'gath; April 4th, 2009 at 01:38.
    "Mount up, grab your enchanted hitty thing and get in there." -40kenthusiast

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st turn high elf star dragon gone....

TIME MUST COME TO STEP UP AND TAKE BACK WHAT YOU TOOK FROM ME!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may be one of the most insane wins you have ever heard. I was against a new VC player and i wanted to try gateway this game.

Turn 1
    VC have fisrt turn.
    Overall army - Manferd (Lord), 2 magic heavy Vamps all in a unit of 25 GG, and 4 units of 10 ghouls.

movement goes by with marches, then to magic Manfred goes to cast summon undead horde and fail the cast but i have the black tounge. So i change it to a miscast and what do ya know, I can get any spell off. I go for inferal gateway on the GG and he rolls 7 dice to dispel, but he rolls............5 ONES!! So i get the spell off while he get frustrated.
    I roll to hit got a 8, not too bad. Then I roll for S and get the magical 11 for S.

At this point Im so excited i cant tell what my opponent was doing (i think crying). After this jump-for-joy was over we went on to his death of his general and breaks all his units below 50%. Now he ends his turn very disappointed and immediatly i end my turn just to watch him kill off the rest of his army. 3 ghouls remain 2 in a unit and a single one out by him self. My turn again, I want to end his suffering so i toss my sorcerer lord out in the open and cast flickering fires on the unit of 2, both dead. Next im feeling violent so i cast gateway on his remaining ghoul and what do ya know I MISCAST!! and watch as my wizard implodes. Next turn is ovious he fail his leadership test (woot to Ld 5) and ends the battle.

This is a true story, also after the VC player was lectured by GW staff he has never placed more than one character in one unit since then.
    What flavor is your failure.
    CURRENT: super glue fumes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its sad that I end up killin more groups off with my hellcannon then with gateway.... mabie thats why im jaded agaist it, a dozen games and not one str 11 or 12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Played against bretonians,

Unit of 12 questing knights with a damsel inside, get gateway off irresistably, roll 11 for hits and str 12, he asks if he gets armor saves, I say no, he asks if he gets his ward saves, I say no, he says "well at least the damsel and one knight survives, talk about over-powered spell..." I say no, sorry, the whole unit is gone HAH!

I don't like Brets hehehehe. VENGANCE!
    Chaos Warriors (2009) 16-4-9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Till now a screaming skull katapult and an saurus oldblood on carnosaur. For some reason agains VC bunkers i never get the spell

HK

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

IF cast gateway, 11 for strength

Death star unit of: brett lord, BSB, damsel, 9 grail knights

all sucked into the ether on turn 3 \o/ all they had done was charge some warhounds which fled as a reaction to kite them away

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Kinda the opposite of the thread.

Playing VC, I got a big block of Grave Guard with Vlad in advancing across the board. 1st turn I scoll gateway, second turn I Irresitable Dispel it after he rolled 21 for casting on 5 dice and then on the 3rd turn he finally got an Irresitable Force on it.
    He'd been waiting all game, taunting me since before about how my graveguard were gate bait.
    He rolls 11 for hits and I start to sweat a little. He picks up the dice again, smiles manically at me, his eyes gleaming, rolls the dice all the way across the table and for strength he rolls ..... double 1. To add insult to injury I pass the 3 5+ armour saves I have to take.

Next turn my banshee double 6s his daemon prince with a scream :-)
    2000AD's answer to all "How do VC deal with ..." questions: Forbidden Lore + 2 Power Stones.
    Further answers will require more vodka.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got another good one today against my friends wood elves, IF and rolled double 6's. Took out 30 glade guard and 2 spellsingers that were aimed at my lord on his own with a wound left. Freakin' hail of doom arrow.

Also feel free to post your most epic failures as well, tell us about the time you rolled 2 S2 on the death star unit about to charge your flank.
    "Mount up, grab your enchanted hitty thing and get in there." -40kenthusiast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Weidler View Post
    This may be one of the most insane wins you have ever heard. I was against a new VC player and i wanted to try gateway this game.

Turn 1
    VC have fisrt turn.
    Overall army - Manferd (Lord), 2 magic heavy Vamps all in a unit of 25 GG, and 4 units of 10 ghouls.

movement goes by with marches, then to magic Manfred goes to cast summon undead horde and fail the cast but i have the black tounge. So i change it to a miscast and what do ya know, I can get any spell off. I go for inferal gateway on the GG and he rolls 7 dice to dispel, but he rolls............5 ONES!! So i get the spell off while he get frustrated.
    I roll to hit got a 8, not too bad. Then I roll for S and get the magical 11 for S.

At this point Im so excited i cant tell what my opponent was doing (i think crying). After this jump-for-joy was over we went on to his death of his general and breaks all his units below 50%. Now he ends his turn very disappointed and immediatly i end my turn just to watch him kill off the rest of his army. 3 ghouls remain 2 in a unit and a single one out by him self. My turn again, I want to end his suffering so i toss my sorcerer lord out in the open and cast flickering fires on the unit of 2, both dead. Next im feeling violent so i cast gateway on his remaining ghoul and what do ya know I MISCAST!! and watch as my wizard implodes. Next turn is ovious he fail his leadership test (woot to Ld 5) and ends the battle.

This is a true story, also after the VC player was lectured by GW staff he has never placed more than one character in one unit since then.
    Poor fella. Poor, poor fella. That'll teach him to miscast.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast