Warhounds as Bodyguards of a Sorcerer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x1)

Warhounds as Bodyguards of a Sorcerer

Anyone tried a unit of 10-15 warhounds to babysit a mounted chaos sorcerer?

This could be interesting since you are have both a fast moving unit and lots of puppies ready to die. You can also still shield other units with a really big front row (maneuverability = null).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a bad idea, except that the sorcerer really has to be on a mount. If not, the hounds would be slowed by the character on foot.

Also, for the same price, you could have Light armor/shield marauders that have a greater survivability.

Finally, since the hounds are not fast cavalry, I'm not sure that you will gain much of a manouvering advantage...

Way to think outside the box, though!
    "How do you stop a Chaos Knight from charging? No seriously, HELP!" André le Bouffon, jester of the Bretonnian court - last words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm i dont know. Hounds die pretty easy after some magic missles or shooting. And you can't mark them slaanesh so they will easaly panic :o

I wouldn't do it.

HK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice idea man just try it out for 3-4 games and if it dont work.
    You can always try a unit of slaanesh maruaders cos there jus as cheap.
    spud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

96 (x1)

I am not afraid for the panic check ld8 + re-roll is solid. I am more afraid about the survivability of the dogs (they are gonna drop like flies).

I think it is also an interesting unit to put that BSB at the beginning of the game (with a steed of Slaanesh it could be easy to relocate him). And if playing with the Banner of the Gods, it could actually be interesting since you sometimes want to stay behind the fighting units and outside of the combat.

I will probably try this and give you an update.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

96 (x1)

I tried to put my Slaanesh Sorcerer Lord in a Slaanesh Marauder unit (5x). It was a success (it was low on his priority list since he had 2 chaos knights and 1 warrior unit that were more dangerous). I even fled with the unit, rallied in my turn and moved back in action on the same turn. I also manage to charge and killed a small free company detachment.

All in all, it is a very good idea to use a marauder unit to keep the look-out sir roll and still move easily in between units. Warhounds are actually not as practical since you need to keep the formation (but they are cheap).

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

why?

if you're that desperate (don't know what the rest of your army looks like) put him in with some marauders. at least they can fight and be marked and are far more maneuverable.

Dogs are a terrible idea in my opinion. I'm sure you have other units in your army and almost every single one of them is better at protecting a sorceror.
    You need to explain what problem you're having before you type or give us more information so we can help you. Or post your list in the army section and we can then look at the whole list (armies are played as a whole not with just one unit)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

96 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by buckero0
    why?
    The dog unit was a crazy idea and I wanted people opinions. Someone mention Slaanesh marauders and I tried it (and I gave an update on my experience).

if you're that desperate (don't know what the rest of your army looks like) put him in with some marauders. at least they can fight and be marked and are far more maneuverable.
    That's what I tried (marauder horsemen were a good unit to hide in).

You need to explain what problem you're having before you type or give us more information so we can help you. Or post your list in the army section and we can then look at the whole list (armies are played as a whole not with just one unit)
    I posted two army list and got 1 comment (granted I did not said I had problems, only wished to see people comments).

-- EDIT --
    If you are interested I actually made a battle report of the game I tried to hide in a marauder horsemen unit. http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1441946
    I should have added this to my previous post.
    Last edited by dapredator66; May 9th, 2009 at 22:32.

+ Reply to Thread