chaos Warshrines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chaos Warshrines

do chaos warshrines allow champions to roll on the eye of the gods table at the start of the battle or if he defeaats a character/Large monster in a challenge?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

~Only if they kill an enemy character or large target. Still, with our warriors, they can take out some armies' characters *cough-empire heroes/skinks* so it's very fun. Plus, you can beef up a unit of chosen to extraordinary!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is fun when you get a super powered unit of chosen and your enemy throws everything at them to try and kill them!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've found that warshrines are most effective when you can field Valkia, given her ability to allow all rolls to be re-rolled.

Combine this with a unit champ in the chosen who has the favor of the gods and you have the ability to try and make your own deathstar

other units can still get the re-roll from Valkia, but they can't affect the roll +/-1 like the rolls for the chosen unit can.

from the games that I have used them, they seem to work best in pairs, as that allows you to either pump up one unit to a crazy level, or boost a few units at a time. They aren't insanely expensive but they cost enough that you need them to contribute. High movement armies can almost out-run them and if your shrine gets tied up in combat it might be hard to get it to the places it needs to be.

I usually played them behind my rank and file troops, with the MoT for that extra tough ward-save and foot-slogged them up with some warriors / marauders and a unit of chosen.

The down-side is, that when I field them I tend to buy unit champions for all the relevant units that it might be powering up, and that combined with the cost of the shrine itself escalates the cost quite a bit.

All in all my experiences with it were mixed, I don't think its ever won me the game, and I haven't had one blown up, but I don't think the points I have spent on it have had much of a return either, at least not what those points invested in some of our more "killy" units can bring, especially when figuring in unit champions that, at times, are over-priced for that extra attack.

If you knew you were facing ogres or another "monster army" then they would be money in the bank, but with a fair bit of the armies out there they don't have many troops that would allow you a roll, and the chance of our normal unit champions killing a melee-based hero isn't huge...a caster on the other hand, its not bad (empire, skinks and goblins however, would be easily do-able).

Warshrines can make for some fun though!

+ Reply to Thread