Favor of the Gods revisited - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

Favor of the Gods revisited

Ok I know this subject has been touched before but I dont believe this specific question has been answered. I appologize if this is redundant but Im creating a new list and want to know if this idea is valid.

Here is what has been established
    -A chosen unit champion with Favor can manipulate EotG rolls for the entire chosen unit.
    -A hero/lord that joins a chosen unit gains the benefits of the EotG rolls while he is in the unit.

So here is the question:
    Can a hero/lord who is in the chosen unit that is equiped with Favor manipulate the rolls of the EotG rolls for that chosen unit?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tough call.

I'd say yes. Since Favor is really a character item, any character bearing it should be able to modify that roll, when with the unit. The Champion is, after all, in all manner, a character that can't leave the unit.
    "How do you stop a Chaos Knight from charging? No seriously, HELP!" André le Bouffon, jester of the Bretonnian court - last words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

As the Chosen Champion is a part of the unit in another way than the Lord I don't think that the Lord may affect the Chosens EotGs roll.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Wayne View Post
    As the Chosen Champion is a part of the unit in another way than the Lord I don't think that the Lord may affect the Chosens EotGs roll.
    I'd have to go with Mr_Wayne and treat it the same way a mark of Nurgle doesn' t affect the whole unit, but only the character when targeted.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

I'll third that resolution. Sorry Coorran. I like Smallerdeamon's reasoning as well. Character's EoTG is seperate from the unit's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

72 (x2)

Ya I can see that being how its done. The champion is a character but is a part of the unit wheras the hero is not the same cause he can join/leave. And since the unit is what is being targeted I can see why the lord wouldnt.

For now Ill play it that my lord cant do this but ill be looking out for an FAQ update ecause you never know what GW means. MoN was a huge shock to most of us, and who saw that sword being able to parry bullets?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

As long as you don't roll stupidity, the EOTG is going to help, it just may not help much (like getting terror while playing VC)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

72 (x2)

That is true but its nice having high odds of getting the good upgrades. +1 toughness and stubborn/4+ ward save are the game breakers.

Plus Im looking at running dangerously low on Magic defense so against certain armies MR3 on the chosen is going to be a must get.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by buckero0 View Post
    As long as you don't roll stupidity, the EOTG is going to help, it just may not help much (like getting terror while playing VC)
    I think this is one of the big issues with the EotG table (and this is in regards to a warshrine). It's conditionally beneficial as an army-wide rule (as opposed to having fear, hatred, no mve and shoot penalty etc [not that I want to reopen that can of worms]). So much of it matters only if the unit under its influence is even a target.

When playing my WEs against someone's WoC, I rarely bother with a Warriors unit. I don't shoot at it, I don't attack it. I just stick an eagle in the unit's way and ignore it.

It can get every benefit under the sun, and I don't care. The benefit of the warshrine can go to another unit, but chances are, it's a softer unit that I can handle.

Anyhow...sorry for the slight tangent.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

Look at it this way:
    You have a Lord with the Favour on steed and 3 units of warriors and 2 warshrines. You use the warshrines to shoot 1 unit of warriors twice, thus giving them a good boost. Before you shoot with the warshrines you jump your Lord into the targeted unit of warriors and get to manipulate both rolls. Thats just insane. You could continue to jump the Lord between the units, and let him manipulate the rolls in the units where they are needed the most. I wouldnt want to play it that way.

Also, if the Lord could manipulate the rolls, wouldnt he also be affected by the roll if he's in the unit? I would love to give my Lord both +1 to S and T, a S6 and T6 Lord? Yes please.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast