How stop BloodThirster? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 72
  1. #1
    Ota
    Ota is offline
    Member Ota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic (ČR)
    Age
    31
    Posts
    275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

    How stop BloodThirster?

    Hi

    I want to know if anybody have any advice how stop BloodThirster (etc.) without Gateway or special characters.

    What mean stop him? Kill or hold at least for one turn. If BT is locked you have time for some reinforcement.

    Why not Gateway or special characters? Gateway isn't always reliable. You don't have to get it, cast it or use with needed impact. Special characters are usually forbiden at our local turnaments and even at our gaming club.

    Do you have any success or advice?

    Thank you and have a nice day

    Ota

    English?
    ... try Czech language ;-)

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    The Shrubber sdefreit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    802
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

    A decked out lord?

    You could also possibly use marauder horsemen. Try to get in his face with like 2 units of horsemen. Block his LoS to your other units and you can flee if he charges the horsemen. Maybe set up a flank with that

    Big Marauder block can hold him maybe.

    Neither of these are extremely reliable though.

  4. #3
    Tak
    Tak is offline
    Big Damn Hero Tak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    292
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    114 (x2)

    I'd just "feed" him expendible units, you don't need to kill the big guy to win.

    If you can sacrifice 200points of core choice to occupy his 500+ points of Lord, it's a trade off in your favour. You can use the rest of your army to kill the rest of his where you have the points advatage.

    That's the theory, of course it's a lot harder in reality because Daemons armies are so underpointed.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    59
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    11 (x1)

    That's the million dollar question isn't it. Back in 6th when he was frenzied and cost 200 points more he was a tough bastard to take care of, at least then you could bait him and know he'd be forced to charge your bait. Of course that caused the rather silly tactic of Bloodthirsters who always face directly away from the enemy until they're ready to charge, they looked like they were having a little pout in the corner.

    To be honest I think if your opponent is playing a tuned up BT there's not a lot that can kill it under the restrictions you gave, especially if he takes Awesome Strength and Immortal Fury, then he's just a killing machine. The Lord choices in the Demons army (well really just the BT and LoC) are one of the reasons why that list is at the top of the power curve.

  6. #5
    Ota
    Ota is offline
    Member Ota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic (ČR)
    Age
    31
    Posts
    275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

    Thanks and rep for all

    Quote Originally Posted by sdefreit View Post
    A decked out lord?
    He will die in a round one Only 3 wounds and even Crown can't heal everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdefreit View Post
    You could also possibly use marauder horsemen. Try to get in his face with like 2 units of horsemen. Block his LoS to your other units and you can flee if he charges the horsemen. Maybe set up a flank with that
    Thanks! This may work. You have to be lucky and your oponent won't be smart and this could work

    Quote Originally Posted by sdefreit View Post
    Big Marauder block can hold him maybe.

    Neither of these are extremely reliable though.
    Nobody will charge big slow block with Thirster and don't break it. Grrrr

    Quote Originally Posted by waЯu View Post
    I'd just "feed" him expendible units, you don't need to kill the big guy to win.

    If you can sacrifice 200points of core choice to occupy his 500+ points of Lord, it's a trade off in your favour. You can use the rest of your army to kill the rest of his where you have the points advatage.

    That's the theory, of course it's a lot harder in reality because Daemons armies are so underpointed.
    Very hard. Smart oponent will zoom around and charge what he wants.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drachen Jager View Post
    That's the million dollar question isn't it. Back in 6th when he was frenzied and cost 200 points more he was a tough bastard to take care of, at least then you could bait him and know he'd be forced to charge your bait. Of course that caused the rather silly tactic of Bloodthirsters who always face directly away from the enemy until they're ready to charge, they looked like they were having a little pout in the corner.

    To be honest I think if your opponent is playing a tuned up BT there's not a lot that can kill it under the restrictions you gave, especially if he takes Awesome Strength and Immortal Fury, then he's just a killing machine. The Lord choices in the Demons army (well really just the BT and LoC) are one of the reasons why that list is at the top of the power curve.
    OK This is very sad. Unbalance is really bad thing in whfb. Nowadays I like wh40k a lot more.


    I tried some Lord builds and anyone can't hold Thirster even for one round without great luck... Very sad.

    If anybody have some good advices keep them going
    Last edited by Ota; April 25th, 2009 at 12:22.
    Ota

    English?
    ... try Czech language ;-)

  7. #6
    The Shrubber sdefreit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    802
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

    I dont know the specific stat line on a BT. All I know is hes nasty as hell.

    Decked out lord cant handle him. Fair enough. What about one on a dragon? Not enough still?

  8. #7
    Ota
    Ota is offline
    Member Ota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic (ČR)
    Age
    31
    Posts
    275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

    Sadly not enough

    Lord
    MoT, Armour of Damnation, Crown of Everlasting Conquest, Shield
    Dragon
    cca 685pts

    BloodThirster

    Awesome Strength, Immortal Fury
    550pts - Strength 10, 7A, re-roll missed hits

    Thirster will probably kill dragon. In a one round! Thirster will win combat and lord will probably flee

    If you know any lord setup that can deal enough damage and not break from combat I will be happy I have hard time to find good setup.

    EDIT: Good setup don't exist. Am I wrong?
    Last edited by Ota; April 25th, 2009 at 12:30.
    Ota

    English?
    ... try Czech language ;-)

  9. #8
    Member oakleith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Bedroom where i plot to take over the world!!
    Age
    23
    Posts
    79
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    6 (x1)

    I miraculously killed a bloodletter with an exalted with Mos, Gw and on a chariot.
    charged in and left him with only 1 wounds after impact hits.
    Please don't cut me at the knees short scary giner person with a beard.

  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    Maybe a chaos deamonsword? On a Lord on dragon tzeench him and then talisman 5+ ward +d3 strength and +d6 attacks hopefully it may become quite useful although you may end up hurting yourself, or how about the hellfir sword, just need to get in a few wounds at least and you could take the beast down? Thats all I can think of, I dont play against DOC though so I'm not clued up on thier stats. Or Maybe a couple of shaggoths or a giant Or two saggoths AND a giant... now im just being silly, maybe you could use slaanesh magic, frenzy it and have it chase warhounds for a few turns.....
    Last edited by micro_blaster; April 25th, 2009 at 21:27. Reason: More ideas

  11. #10
    The Shrubber sdefreit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    802
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

    Well Ota this option is not very reliable but there hasnt been a reliable option yet so I might as well give you another to add to your think tank.

    Possibly a Giant? Giants are fun and can work into normal lists. Make him MoS and he will be ASF too.

    -If you get yell and brawl, you just stalled him an entire turn.
    -Thump with club would most likely be nothing but if he rolls a 6 on that initiative test hes gotta take 2D6 wounds (super ouch!)
    -Chomp give you D3 wounds on him with no armor save. This is a nice way to maybe weaken him

    So I can see a Giant stalling or doing big time damage to a BT. If you get 3 wounds youll get half victory points. And I know your gonna say the Giant has no shot at surviving but he does. The BT has 7 attacks and the Giant sports 6 wounds. Now hatred is gonna hurt but there are decent odds I think of at least two of those attacks not correlating to wounds when all the dice get rolled. You should be able to get two combats in. More if you get some yell and brawls.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts