call to glory - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: call to glory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

call to glory

heya followers of the dark gods, i just played a game against my nemesis ( and roommate) and totally annihilated him and his tree hugging ballerina's. it was an awesome game with so hilarious moments in it ( my sorcerer went all in and charged his tree-man with a flaming sword of rhuin and killed it on the charge 0_0 )

anyway...my sorcerer got the call to glory spell, and i used it quiet some times....in fact....at the end of the game there where 5 exalted heroes on the board....now i'm just wondering 2 things...is it legal to cast the spell so many times? if not i would have still won but still...

and if the exalted champion was marked with Khorne before the transformation, does it keep the mark afterwards? and what if it stays in the same unit it began in?

just a few questions i came up with...

Vid.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

Lol man its a Remains in Play spell. Once you cast another spell the effects of the call to glory spell go away. So your exalted you made will disapear from the table. So you can only have a max of one exalted from that spell per caster at a time. Its pretty funny though. Your buddy isnt going to be too happy when he finds that out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by sdefreit View Post
    Lol man its a Remains in Play spell. Once you cast another spell the effects of the call to glory spell go away. So your exalted you made will disapear from the table. So you can only have a max of one exalted from that spell per caster at a time. Its pretty funny though. Your buddy isnt going to be too happy when he finds that out.
    Well, different casters could have different instances of the spell in play, but otherwise, yeah. 1 caster = 1 call to glory at a time.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

72 (x2)

Ya sorry if I was unclear on that. Basic principle is one caster per created exalted. 5 conjured exalteds are only possible if you have 5 sorcerers with the spell in effect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

hahaha funny =P i should have know it was kind of overpowered...stupid mistake but woulnd't have made much of a difference game wise so it doesn't matter for my opponent. do feel bad for him though. Owell mistakes are made, sometimes you win a game because you incidentally measured 1 inch to far early in the game, and sometimes you win because of unclearity's in the rules. although this was a major rule-wise screw up...still hilarious to see him run away from a unit with 4 exalteds in it.

still though, any idea's on the marked question?

thanks all!

Vid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Vid.

Looking at the wording of the spell, I'd say that the exalted comes into play unmarked, with just his shield and sword. I know that, fluffwise, we can figure that the model is painfully transformed into a hero, but, rulewise, the spell says remove the model and replace it with an exalted hero. I'd go for a houserule with your roommate!
    "How do you stop a Chaos Knight from charging? No seriously, HELP!" André le Bouffon, jester of the Bretonnian court - last words.

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x3)

I honestly think its the most worthless of the Tzeentch spells as its remains in play and I can't be bothered to keep a spell in play when i am needed magiking other stuff.
    If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

meh i don't think it's too bad, the spell can be VERY usefull in certain situations.

but if it means you loose all your gear/mark and if it gets dispelled (don' think this will happen too often) you loose the model in total...it won't be a spell worth casting at any point in the game.

but in a 1k game the spell can be awesome for not many units can handle a hero who suddenly gets summoned in a unit, even if he is almost naked...his attacks hurt and he's a though guy to get down.
    cool thing is...the spell is actually pretty easy to cast with a lvl 2 sorcerer. I mean, i did it 5 times in 1 game...

vid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another funny question for you guys.

The empire item, that can steal a spell and cast it(aldreds casket of sorcery if im right). What would happen?

+ Reply to Thread