Tzeentch on Discs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tzeentch on Discs

G'day

I was wondering how acceptable a Chaos Sorcerer mounted on a Screamer of Tzeentch would be to act as a Disc?

Also what are other alternatives to use as a Disc of Tzeentch, after all we only have one model available to use.

Warriors of Chaos Khorne Army WiP

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...horne-wip.html

Check it out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of people use the screamer as a disc. It might even be the most common conversion in WHFB. I've heard Eldar Grav platforms suggested as an alternate. I'm trying to think of a good alternate myself, right now I'm considering using some Warhawk or Great Eagle parts to make a kind of winged chariot but I'm still figuring out where all the parts are going to come from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

I wanna see someone do a silver surfer conversion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah using NMM shading. That's a chore. I'll stick with my winged 'chariot' idea, I just have to figure out a good body for the 'chariot'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Axe of the Menzies View Post
    G'day

I was wondering how acceptable a Chaos Sorcerer mounted on a Screamer of Tzeentch would be to act as a Disc?

Also what are other alternatives to use as a Disc of Tzeentch, after all we only have one model available to use.
    Totally acceptable. This kind of conversion actually says: I care about my models!
    "How do you stop a Chaos Knight from charging? No seriously, HELP!" André le Bouffon, jester of the Bretonnian court - last words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So... If Axe doesn't mind me re-directing the thread slightly. What would people think if I brought the rear end of a 40k Ork Wartrakk with the torso of a Khorne lord melded to it (something like a tracked centaur) as a Khorne hero on a Juggernaut?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well..., now it would break the spirit of the game. Altough it would be an awesome model. Maybe if he had stolen a dwarven steam tank... But it feels more like a 40K Boss.
    "How do you stop a Chaos Knight from charging? No seriously, HELP!" André le Bouffon, jester of the Bretonnian court - last words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would it break the spirit of the game? Normal Juggernauts are mechanical/cybernetic, I was thinking something along the lines of a group of Chaos Dwarves posessed by the spirit of Khorne built it and then their spirits were trapped in the machine to power it.

I was thinking about using a Tyranid Broodlord, giving him a big nasty looking axe and a shield and then scratch building some armor for him. I think it would be an awesome looking model... Put it this way if you were my opponent would you say, "Hey that's cool!" or would you say, "Am I in the wrong game, this is WHFB right? Not 40k?"

I'm also thinking about the Necron Destroyer for my Disk of Tzeentch. I think that's a pretty cool model, strip the necron torso off and have a sorcerer surfing on it. Please tell me you don't have a problem with that too!

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

That would make a fine disc, but looking at the Juggernaught, I really think that it's actually a monster. It's Khorne, so you know that he likes his armor plating. I bet you that thing's like a rhinoceros in full plate. Or the result of a rhinoceros and an Abrahms making babies...
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking partly of the fluff in the book too (not just the model), "...part demon part enchanted metal", "...forged in dark flames and bound with dire runes", "...metallic muscle and bone" and last edition "... their primordial rage tamed within a shell of artificial muscle and bone."

It's quite clear from the text that they're constructs, part demonic and part mechanical, not really creatures in armour as you suggest.
    Last edited by Drachen Jager; May 13th, 2009 at 22:08.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast