Our list is good - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our list is good

We had a thread a while back about our list sucking.

Which, I think, is really not fair so this is a thread where we post all the good things. Things that bring a smile to our faces when we open the book or that strikes fear into the heart of our enemies when we deploy them of the battlefield.

My favorite is the warriors: chaos armour as standard - it made my day

so get typing!

Army W/D/L
    WoC 8/3/5
    Spikey is better!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Some very cool models. Nurgle Lord or the regular lord on demonic mount. Nice stuff. The new DP model, when it comes out, is fantastic.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both Marauder types got upgrades that made them shine quire brightly IMHO... it's just that they get overlooked for the big scary Chaos Armored dudes (not to insult the noble chaos warrior.) They got marks and a significant point reduction. 25 Marauders+LA+SH+FC+MOT= Quite the discount anvil unit that is almost guaranteed to keep its full rank bonuses, and can take quite a bit of punishment. On the cavalry side of things... marauder horsemen rock, and I mean ROCK. I personally Like to give them MOS so that they become fast cav that never has to deal with fast cav's biggest weaknesses. Horsemen of Slaanesh are worth their weight in gold, and I don't have a list where they don't guard the flanks anymore. Did I mention that MOS is by far one of my favorite additions... all the benifits of ITP without any opf the pitfalls, all for just (x=not alot) points YES PLEASE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hellcannon. Strength 10/5 hit/hits with no armor save and D6 wounds. Yeah come on! Model is 'Hella-cool,' charges 12 inches, 6 toughness AND a 4+ armor save! are you kidding me? The best tarpit on the list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have the best (according to me) heavy cavalry in the game. With 10 S5 attacks from 5 models we can take on almost every unit on a front charge.
    Give them Mark of Nurgle and they will be able to take on a charge from almost everybody.
    Give them Mark of Khorné and a unit of Warhounds, and they'll most certainly kill WHATEVER your opponent brings up against them.
    Give them Mark of Tzeentch and the Blasted Standard and; "Hey, what was that again? A cannonball shot? Oh, I didn't even notice it." Not THAT extreme, but you get the point.
    Mark of Slaanesh we in most situations don't need, 'cause our guys causes FEAR.

I love my army list, and I love my knights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

an awesome idea for a thread!

i love my warriors of chaos, i would not trade them in for any other army in the game. sure we don't have any shooting (except for the hellcannon that is), sure we don't have any skirmishers (except for spawns imo), but who needs them when we have a core choice that beats just about anything in combat?

i run a full plate army, and usually the first 2-3 turns of the games that i play suck big time for me, warriors dying all over the place. but on turn 4....when i see a unit of 4 warrior, charge into the enemy's line and 4 warriors beating a unit of 25 swordsmen with warriorpriest? THAT'S WHY I LOVE WoC! when i see the 4 warrior then overcharge into another unit and destroy the entire battle line in 2 turns...it just puts a smile on my face and fills my opponent with fear, because 2 turns ago he was sure he was going to win this game.

and then there is our magic!, give me tzeench magic anytime! I've had a single warrior destroy enemy formations because i turned him into an exalted hero! I've seen a greatsword unit getting wiped out...because it was attacking itself! i haven't used gateway yet, but i think it's going to be the best spell ever when it sucks up entire units from the board.

these are the 2 things that make me love warriors of chaos: a core choice that always surprises you in how incredible it is! and magic that is both fun and very effective.

not to mention how super cool the models look and how much fun it is to paint them!

Warriors of chaos...i seriously doubt i'll ever play a different army...

vid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Variety. Once upon a time, you made your list according to the mark you gave your units. We now get access to all the marks, and we still have a wide variety a list types:

all-armored footsloggers; blaster, all-cav (I mean fast moving Chaos army, come on!!!), monster list (which we will see a little more when the unannounced Dragon Ogres models become, well, announced).

Oh, and we're kind of taking it for granted now, but, army-wide panic re-roll is really, really good.
    "How do you stop a Chaos Knight from charging? No seriously, HELP!" André le Bouffon, jester of the Bretonnian court - last words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im gonna say one of the more underrated units in the book, the dragon ogre shaggoth. Every time I have used this bad boy, i usually throw him up against another monster and just crush it. That and he can be very handy at Engine of the Gods stegos.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

I'll second the dragon ogres.

The dragon ogre banner of the gods combo makes for perfect anvils.

Tzeentch DPs with tendrils is another unit no one likes to go up against.

How can we forget our khorne cruise missiles? Khorne horsemen with flails. 10str5 10 str3 first round of combat and then 20 str3 attacks after that. All for 105 points.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

First and foremost the list is good because the list is CHAOS.

Now apart from that there are a couple other things which make our list the ultimate list:

Cruise missile unit MoK Marauder horsemen is THE Ultimate cavalry unit.

Warhounds cost practically nothing and can really hurt war machines and those lonely heroes on the table, and also take quarters (a 30 pt unit with US 10 hehe).

We have one of the best special characters out there, and even though most of you do not consider special characters, Kolek Suneater still is an option of our army.

Our lords can fly for something like 20pts. Tzeencth sorcerors get +1 to cast and a ward save for something like 25pts.

We finally got decent protection againts ranged armies, with blasted standards and mark of nurgle.

We can line up an all magic army and still keep a strong CC list.

We finally got a shooting phase with one of the meanest warmachines out there and guess what...WE CAN TAKE 2!!

WE GOT KNIGHTS...and we all know what kind of KNIGHTS we got!

Those a re a few points which make our list good and there are much more...that means that this thread should reach at least 10 pages.

I would never trade my chaos army for any other out there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast