Question about armor stacking - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about armor stacking

If i was to take Armor of Morrslieb, (4+ ward against non magical attacks) and MoT would they stack for a 3+ against non magical/6+ against magical? and, if i was to do that and and add the talisman of protection, would it further stack, for a 2+/5+?

The other option (pure defence) is an Enchanted Shield. What would be the overall armor save if an exalted was on a Disk with this item?

This was my thought for a character/artillery hunter:

Exalted of Tzeetch on Disk, with flails and shield. blood curdling roar for the gift, Armor of Morrslieb and Talisman of Protection. Total: 219pts

I am fuzy on the math for the armor save... ( i have no idea what the disk would provide) but in hand to hand, he would have 3+ armor? and the above ward save, provided it stacks. Seems pretty strong to me, but please enlighten me if i have made any mistakes or miscalculations.

Brogan
    ----------
    Also, a follow up question, how does movement work with the disk? the book says it has a movement of 1... does that mean 1 inch a turn? 12 inches of total movment in an entire game if you march the whole time? that cant be right. please help me out with the way this rule works.

thanks

Brogan Ironbrow

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brogan Ironbrow View Post
    If i was to take Armor of Morrslieb, (4+ ward against non magical attacks) and MoT would they stack for a 3+ against non magical/6+ against magical? and, if i was to do that and and add the talisman of protection, would it further stack, for a 2+/5+?
    Mark of Tzeentch improves ALL your ward saves by +1. So a talisman of protection combined with MoT would give you a 5+ ward save. If you have Armour of Morrslieb and a Talisman of Protection you would have a 3+ ward save against non-magical attacks, and a 5+ ward save against everything else.

The other option (pure defence) is an Enchanted Shield. What would be the overall armor save if an exalted was on a Disk with this item?
    As stated in the army book the disc is a mount, though it's not mounted on a 25x50 base. Which means it gives you +1 to yout total armour save.
    His total armour save would be 1+ because:
    Chaos Armour = 4+
    Disc = 3+
    Enchanted Shield = 1+

This was my thought for a character/artillery hunter:

Exalted of Tzeetch on Disk, with flails and shield. blood curdling roar for the gift, Armor of Morrslieb and Talisman of Protection. Total: 219pts

I am fuzy on the math for the armor save... ( i have no idea what the disk would provide) but in hand to hand, he would have 3+ armor? and the above ward save, provided it stacks. Seems pretty strong to me, but please enlighten me if i have made any mistakes or miscalculations.
    Looks good. This guy would have a 2+ armour save.

Brogan
    ----------
    Also, a follow up question, how does movement work with the disk? the book says it has a movement of 1... does that mean 1 inch a turn? 12 inches of total movment in an entire game if you march the whole time? that cant be right. please help me out with the way this rule works.
    Well, the disc can fly, so movement won't be a problem. BUT if someone throws a spell on you that makes you unable to fly (I think there is a spell like that) you will need to use your ground movement; 1.

thanks
    I hope this cleared things up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see... and the base movement for flying is 3d6?

It seems that this character would be pretty decent at what he is tasked with. as long as i dont get him into close combat with something with killing blow, he should be pretty survivable, correct? Any concerns about the defense being overkill? i basically got my butt handed to me by a WE army and i think this build is a reaction to that. Any critisim is always welcome.
    Brogan Ironbrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fliers can always fly 20 inches, the 3d6 is for persue/flee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

That build is quite common with many chaos players. And it isnt overkill at all. You will see how that 1+ armor save will quickly become a 4+ once you are hit by a bolt thrower, and how that wardsave eill come in handy when you meet an opponent with the lore of metal giving you str 7 hits no armr save.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is somthing i came up with for a Sorcerer lord, he would basically be out there alone taking on targets of oppurtunity:

Lvl 4, MoT, Disk of Tzeentch, Armor of Morrslieb, Armor of Zhrakk, Talisman of Protection; Blood of Tzeentch, Favor of the Gods, Third eye of Tzeentch; Sporific Musk.
    435pts

This guy is EXPENSIVE... lol. here is what (i think) he can do:

1+ armor save, 3+ ward against non-magical, 5+ against magical. He has imunity to Killing Blows and Poison and all he looses is his leadership bonus which is only 8 anyways. The Blood of Tzeentch allows him to reroll a dice per turn, so he has a good chance of getting off his spells. Favor makes sure that if he kills a character or champion, he will get a favorable roll on the eye of gods table. For the Gifts, he has the ability to throw the other magic users spells back at them, and he forces fleeing units to roll 3 dice and use the lowest 2 (or 4 dice and use three for fast units)

This guy looks pretty darn durable and should survive on his own pretty well. however, for the ammount of points, He HAS too. What i would like to know is did i make any mistakes that would make him illegal, and what you guys think his vulernabilities are. Also, i am wondering if he needs a bound spell... somthing that he can throw out after the dispell dice/scrolls have been burned by the other player.

Thanks a ton for helping this Chaos noob

Brogan
    Brogan Ironbrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't have more than one magic item of the same type. So you have to drop one of your armours. I'd drop the Zhrakk armour all the way. Immunity to killing blow is good, but with ItP you can't flee from charges, which is really bad. Drop the Armour of Zhrakk.

Also, drop the Soporific Musk. It only works if you're in CC with the unit that is fleeing (I think), and you really don't want him to be there. Drop the favour of the gods too, as I said you don't want him to be in combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

As already said your build is illegal because you have two magic armors.

A good survivable build would be:

Sorcerlord of tzeentch - 430 pts

-Lv4
    -MoT
    (because it is the only way to give him flying)
    -Disc of Tzeentch
    (Because you want him to fly)
    -Enchanted Shield
    (Makes him 1+ save)
    -Golden eye of tzeentch
    (Grants 3+ ward against shooting and magic missiles)
    -Spell familiar
    (because he is a wizard who needs to know an extra spell)
    -Rod of Torment
    -Bloodcurdling roar
    (both because he doesn't need to be in close combat and so needs to have a lot of stuff to throw at the enemy)

Another type of spellcaster would be a DP. Here are 2 builds:

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch - 555pts
    -MoT
    -Fury of the bloodgod
    (Will have a 4+ wardsave against anything and a3+ against magic with magic resistance 2)
    -Tendrils of tzeentch
    (Because you don't want him to miscast while casting gateway)

Daemon Prince of Nurgle - 585pts

-MoN
    (Will have a minus 1 to be hit by shooting)

-Mantle of Chaos
    (Will make him invulnerable to all infantry missile weapons)

-Fury of the bloodgod

I prefer 2nd DP since he is tougher and has a better lore than tzeentch's.

+ Reply to Thread