WoC vs. WoC - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WoC vs. WoC

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

WoC vs. WoC

Tomorrow, I'll have my first full-fledged game with WoC. A friend is lending me his while I finish painting and assembling my own models.

My list is here.

Originally Matt was going to use my WEs, but he opted for mutual bloodshed instead and is bringing his WoC.

He's one of those guys who collected the same army for a long time.

He's likely to have a solid block of warriors and 1 or 2 units of marauders. He'll have some knights for sure, but probably no chariots. He has dragon ogres and a giant, which aren't included in my list, so I bet he'll take those. Plus, he likes Tzeentch magic.

So what tips do you experienced players have for fighting our own kin? How do I conquer the other tribe? Take out his support units first? Focus on eliminating his magic?

Last edited by DavidWC09; July 2nd, 2009 at 03:34.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like he'll have a quasi blitz style list, your list lends itself more to a reactionary strategy. I'd hang back and let him come to you. Use your magic to blast up the DOgres, Giant and Knights. Use the Warshrine to boost whatever unit is gonna get charged by his fast and position your chariots for counter charges.

Use our challenge requirement to go after his sorcerers with your Exalted Hero on the disk.

my .02 good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your exalted is going to eat his sorcerers like a nice piece of filet mignon especially if they are on discs themselves with the limited range of flickering. Cloying quagmire can wipe out the dragon ogres, but you really dont have much on your list that can deal with the giant as you lack magic missiles. The giant will be the biggest problem you have to deal with and I am not quite sure what you can do to take him down aside from trying to set up a double charge with your chariots and roll good with impact hits.

Your list should be able to slaughter him if you are able to successfully do these things and find a way around that giant.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

So Matt and I played two games.

He took the following list. Mind you, he was loaning me many models, limiting his own choices.

Khorne Lord KB, +1 str sword. Juggernaught.
    Tzeentch Sorcerer x 2 on discs

20 warriors
    20 marauders
    20 marauders
    6 khorne knights
    1 vanilla knights
    1 scyla

Units of mine that stood out were the chariots, knights, and sorcerers.

The chariots were golden both games. In the first game, the chariots destroyed a marauder unit and got behind his warriors, who'd turn to face them. They charged in but couldn't break the warriors but held them up until reinforcements arrived. In game two, I plowed both chariots into Scyla, who'd caused me serious problems in game 1. I hoped to squash Scyla and bust throw his line and get behind his infantry. One chariot did just that, but the other overran a mere 3 inches and would get flanked by a marauder unit. Still, the remaining chariot came back into it and plowed into the rear of his warriors on the end of turn 6, turning the combat in my favor.

My knights did well in the first game, getting the jump on his vanilla knights, and in game 2 they helped bring down his lord, which took a whole hell of a lot of effort.

So Scyla was a royal pain. In the first game, it got into the flank of my marauders and held things up, which is why I took the chariots into him in game 2.

Sorcery worked out really well for me. When I wrote that list, I was counting on Rot, Glorious Rot being a devastating spell, which it was. I got it both games, and it would cause some serious damage at critical moments. 18" goes a long way. Surprisingly I didn't use Buboes much. I got several attempts at cloying quagmire, but against In 5 warriors, it didn't accomplish much.

He caused me some problems with pandaemonium. It was a real pain in the arse.

I also like the horsemen. Using them was very natural after playing the wood elves. All in all, though, playing this army is totally different from Wood Elves.

How I think about each phase of the game has changed. I played WEs on automatic, but this army makes me stop and rethink what I'm trying to accomplish and how I'm going to do it. I miss my shooting phase, and I miss skirmishers but it sure was fun to go in and just mix it up with another chaos army.

I won both games, thanks to lucky dice, good magic, and a few gambits. Also, Matt let me use his only chariots and horsemen as well as some of his warriors models, meaning he had no war shrine or chariots. I thought he'd bring Dragon Ogres or a Giant, but he brought those big infantry blocks instead.

So yeah, I like this army, though I haven't had my ass handed to me yet by dwarfs, wood elves, demons, or dark elves yet, much less the other armies out there.

P.S. UNITE THE TRIBES. CLICK THE LINK!
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread