Whip of subversion in challenges? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whip of subversion in challenges?

Could the Whip of Subversion be used to cause a model locked in a challenge with the wielder to attack the other models in its regiment? The rules state that no other models may attack the two combatants, but nothing about the challengers not attacking the rank and file troops.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well a challenge is a 1 on 1 fight so i doubt he would hit his regiment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well yes, it is one on one, however the rules for challenges do not say anything about the challengers not attacking rank and file models, only that rank and file models cannot attack the challengers.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

I'd say it does allow him to attack his own guys outside of a challenge. If I was in a challenge and had that S8 killingblow hit to everyone in base contact, it'd still affect everyone in base contact.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkus View Post
    I'd say it does allow him to attack his own guys outside of a challenge. If I was in a challenge and had that S8 killingblow hit to everyone in base contact, it'd still affect everyone in base contact.
    Bloodskull pendant, eh?

The image I'm getting is that the two warriors square off, the model with the whip gets a hit and the enemy turns around and stabs some hapless no-namers in the face.

However this begs the question: must the two models in base contact always direct their attacks against each other, unless under a special rule like that? Could either model in the challenge choose to hit rank and file models, without fear of retribution from them?

I'm not saying that would necessarily be a good idea, just wondering if its possible.

+ Reply to Thread