Funny Chaos Lord and other plans - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny Chaos Lord and other plans

So I just got rocked in a WoC (me) VC (ally) game vs Lizardmen (lord on Carn and some damnable slann) and Ogre Kingdoms, 2250 per player. W/O terrain and an extra lord choice per side. I had some pretty mediocre characters; Vilitch the curseling and like 4 Warriors got out of it alive out of the whole damn army. 4 characters, 2 exalted hero's, 1 sorcerer of nurgle, and vilitch with 40 chaos warriors split into 4 even units and 10 knights split into 2 units.
    SO when plotting my petty vengeance I came up with a hilarious counter so that I would never be so rocked again.
    Chaos Lord
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Bloodcurdling Roar
    Chaos Runeshield
    Talisman of protection
    Armor of Morrslieb

2 lvl 2 Sorcerers of Tzeentch, 1 with a spell familiar, 3rd eye of Tz. and infernal puppet
    the other with a Staff of sorcery

And a BSB with Fury of the blood god and a halberd or shield or w/e

The basic plan is, Lord fights the biggest baddest mofo and laughs at their mundane weapons with his 2+ ward save (unless their fists are magical or something)
    BSB Engages Bandcamp strategies
    2 Sorcerers try to hold off the possible Slann Mage priest by Getting off pandaemonium and forcing them to expend more dice. They either play magic conservatively and allow me to dispel most of it or risk getting mind-raped while miscasting; courtesy of the infernal puppet. A Slann Mage Priest being sucked into the warp is quite a hilariously attractive prospect that I'd like to strive towards!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly that won't work as you are only allowed 1 piece of magical armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rats!
    Would it work as well with Collar of Khorne and Glaive of Putrefaction?
    Last edited by Alvarelbandito; July 13th, 2009 at 12:41. Reason: Thought of a Question

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    98 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarelbandito View Post
    Rats!
    Would it work as well with Collar of Khorne and Glaive of Putrefaction?
    Also, your ward isn't 2+: ward saves don't stack like armour saves. The Mark of Tzeentch will add +1 ward save to your best ward, which means that non-magical attacks against the Armour of Morrslieb will give you a 3+ ward if your Lord is marked Tzeentch.

I think if you're trying to combat a magic-heavy Lizardmen army using two level 2 casters, you might struggle a little.

Chaos is good at getting up there and eating people's faces. We're very good at it. Leave the magic to the High Elves or the Lizardmen - take a couple of Sorcerers to negate your opponent's early magic (two level one Sorcerers and four Dispel Scrolls) and max out the rest of your army on fast close-combat troops.

Cross the board by the end of turn two and stick pointy things in his Saurus' spleens. Laugh contemptuously at his Slann Mage-Priest as a unit of Nurgle Knights smacks him in the face. Ooh, or a Dragon Ogre Shaggoth. They're fun also.

Edit: I didn't actually answer your question there, did I? Sorry!

Uhm, Collar of Khorne will give your Lord decent magic protection, yes. But I'm not convinced I'd be counting on it against a magic-heavy army with a magic-heavy list. And the Glaive of Putrefaction could be useful against his mean old Lord on Carnosaur, but you have to remember that it doesn't affect T/S until after the close-combat phase has finished. You're still taking full-strength hits back at you for the first round.

I think a standard configuration for the Lord - assuming the Lizardmen Lord is not immune to Killing Blow? - would be Axe of Khorne and Chaos Runeshield. Stick Favour of the Gods on him for better buff rolls, give him a Mark and mount him, then set him loose. In a unit, of course, unless he's flying.
    Last edited by el_don; July 13th, 2009 at 13:18.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well thanks for informing the ignorant and giving some pretty decent advise, I'm looking it over and it sounds like a good plan. The petty vengeance plan would have derailed if he pointed out my numerous overlapping ward saves and illegal build.

+ Reply to Thread