Slaanesh lore - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slaanesh lore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slaanesh lore

what do people think of he slaanesh magic lore

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

funny against warmachines with titilating dellusions

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

it's kinda useless since it's all psychology based and alot of armies are ITP.
    It's can be devistating against those that are not, tho.

Unless you know what you are going to be up against, it is something to avoid for the more-reliable Nurgal lore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is good IF your not playing one of the many armies ItP. last spell is amazing
    Army W/D/L
    WoC 8/3/5
    Spikey is better!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, the lore is rather poor against popular ItP armies. Against something like skaven or goblins...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a fine lore. Hellshriek and deliusions are fantastic, and ofcourse the 6th spell also is very nice. Mostly combined with a character with the -1 ld gift, and the doombanner nearby, it can work fantastic. The only problem as stated above, half of the lore become worthless when your facing, the daemonic leagon, the treemonic leagon, vcampires, tomb kings, stegadons, warriors slaanesh marked.

I think for an allround list top go up against more than 1 enemy your better of with tzeentch, nurgle or even fire or death.

If you have to points, you can always give your slannesh hero a book of secrets, or the third eye of tzeentch, so that he wont be completely useless against several opponants. If you make a list to beat 1 enemy, ( like orcs ) than ofcourse, it's a fine and decent lore.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

76 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by callmeHK View Post
    The only problem as stated above, . . . ., warriors slaanesh marked.
    Slaanesh Mark makes Units Immune to fear, terror, and Panic. The wording of most of the spells, save #2 is "Not Immune to Pyschology" Only Spell 2 is useless against them as it causes panic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was aiming for hellshriek since i think that one has the most potential in the lore

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

I posted a lengthy reason why I think Slaanesh is the best in this thread before I read this one:
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1521578 (Nurgle Magic > Tzeentch magic ?)

Anyways, there is only TWO spell that becomes useless against against ITP armies and that's the "follow the cookie" spell and hell shriek. But I'd argue that against 90% of the armies out there Tzeentch and Nurgle Both start with 2 mostly useless spells. Meaning that against the Non-ITP armies Slaanesh actually has more spells that are worthwhile.

Why don't you mark your knights with khorne? Mainly two reasons, its expensive and you can't 100% control the unit. It also takes away from having another mark. Solution, charge wherever you want and then make them frenzied.

Also the #5 spell seems dull and like 4 other spells throughout the Warhammer World. Except the "Models must pass a leadership check to attack the unit" part. That's crazy good. And who doesn't love rolling Terror on EotG table for knights? Well now you can more reliably get it.

Now if we're aren't playing against Demons/VC/TK/Slaanesh WoC, the lore really gets into its own. You force so many leadership checks with this lore, people will fail some. You also control their movement. And after all that is said and done the #6 spell is the most consistent single unit damage spell in the book. Gateway against plaguebearers will hardly dent the unit, even if you get it off. R,G R will have problems hurting any demon units and usually won't even bother VC. However, if the targets are correct Exstatic Seisuzes could cause 10 wounds on any unit a turn, consistently. And who doesn't love hurting Elf characters before they even get into combat. You get this spell off twice and you have a 25% chance of just flat out killing T3 heroes.

That's why I put this guy on a dragon. The amount of terror and panic checks I can cause will almost without a doubt cause failed leadership checks and sometimes 1 failed panic check and you've won the game.
    Last edited by Pinkus; August 6th, 2009 at 20:44.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

96 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkus View Post
    Also the #5 spell seems dull and like 4 other spells throughout the Warhammer World. Except the "Models must pass a leadership check to attack the unit" part.
    Especially good against ITP stuff, since they tend to have LD8.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast