Mono god armies competitive? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Mono god armies competitive?

Hey all, i read that in the Demon's codex/armybook, going mono god (every unit dedicated to a single god) weakens the army and is not very competitive.
    Is this true for WoC as well? i plan to use an all Nurgle army but my last army was dogs of war so i would like to start a game and not think to myself "no chance of winning this one" for once :p

I realize that some effective options will be closed for me but i don't know if i lose enough to become ineffective

What should i include in an all nurgle army?

"Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

No, going mono god doesn't cripple a WoC army. Unlike deamons who actually have units that are fundamentally different from god to god, the WoC units are the same once marked, they just have slightly different perks added to them.

Khorne chaos knights and nurgle chaos nights still perform the same function, its just nurgle knights are slightly more resilient and khorne knights kick a little more ass in close combat.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

well maybe nurgle is a nice god for a monolist, but a mono khorne army is not competitive at all because there is almost no magic defence in those army's. (fine they rule in close combat but most woc army's manage to pull that of). on the other hand i've never seen mono slannesh or tzeetch army's since the new book although i can see them working. a 6+ ward on every unit in your army? for 10points less then the marks of nurgle? a ( in my oppinion) very fun lore for all the sorcerer? yesh please, i would love to try a full tzeetch army sometimes.

but with nurgle you cannot go wrong, nice mark, nice lore (best according to some), nice fluff.

I myself play a khorne army with different sorcerers in it ( tzeentch and nurgle) some people complain that it's a cheesy way of playing chaos, but it isn't my fault that the new book makes mixed lists more competitive, why would i NOT use it in the way that was meant?

still there is nothing wrong with people who want to play monolists, i respect them for doing it, but i myself just want to keep trying out diffent things and that is hard if a unit screams nurgle but is actually marks slannesh you know?

just my idea on the subject.

vid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

ok great, my favorite god is Nurgle and i dislike most fluff about the other 3 gods.

Thanks for the help all
    "Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say a Slaanesh list is more competetive than an all nurgle list if you go with full Melee and No casting. Immune to pchychology (almost) AND you can still chose Flee as a charge reaction = greatness. Especially on our much fragile LD7/LD8 units.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

slanesh is much better than ItP and is by and far the cheapest of the marks which is important for single mark force. Combat would probably be a wise choice to gear towards.

One choice which was taken out of the book but is still available is Undivided. Most of our leadership is 8 which is the same as elves. Magic Defense is cheaper this way. And making it cheap, allows for more troops.

Nurgle is not bad, but very expensive. Khorne is khorne.

Deamons don't have any drawbacks as near as I can tell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Mono Slaanesh is great, as you never need to worry about panicking, Fear and Terror tests, autobreaking, or anything else of that nature. And, if you're finicky about only taking items and gifts appropriate to the deity that a unit or character is marked by, going Slaanesh opens up Soporific Musk, Word of Agony, and the Rapturous Standard, some of the best addons in the book IMO.

+ Reply to Thread