Worth using an exalted for skirmisher hunting? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worth using an exalted for skirmisher hunting?

Hi

Now i HATE skirmishers and they really bug me with their exsistance and i regully play skinks (the MOST ANNOYING SKIRMISHERS!) and i have this new character to deal with skinks (and other skimishers tbh)

Exalted Hero
    Flail (so he can win combats)
    Mark of Slaanesh (so he can charge dryads and the like)
    The Bronze Armour of Zhrakk (so hes immune to poison (skink shots) and wardancers being annoying with there killing blow)
    Steed of Slaanesh (so no one can escape)
    Shield

How do u thinkg he would do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

I think if he gets into a combat with a skirmishing unit he will melt their faces off. I also think he won't often see combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For skirmishers WoC have a few solutions.

Magic missles
    Fast Cavalry
    Spawns

I tend to use missles, but cavalry might work just as good. Though I wonder if a character on steed of slaanesh is a good option. Remember that skirmishers can also be used to bait and redirect, and sacrifising a character for this cause might not be a great idea. If you're playing a good Lizardmen player your character will be left in the open and then get charged by something heavy. Tryants however, can't flee, but have there ward safe and pretty nice combat stats.

Horsemen will kill most small units, like skinks or gutter runners, though wardancers are from a different level. ( Btw, throwing a character in wardancers solo.. Very bad idea even when you're immune to killing blow )

I'dd go for horsemen of Slaanesh with flails. Skinks will die, Night runners will die, tryants with some luck .

If you're sure about using a character, I would recommend the armour of morrslieb, and perhaps a disc instead of a steed of Slaanesh. A 4/3+ ward safe is good enough to survive alot of combats and shooting, and you can still take your flail, and not lose alot of defence.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

the problem with horsemen is poison attacks will decimate the unit before it gets there. Usually you don't want your expensive khorne ponies getting shotup

If you lose 2-3 horsemen on the way in, you may not win combat.

I actually think tzeenth is slightly better, but you have to watch out for getting stuck in trees or other terrain. Flail is good because you can turn it around and use it on wounded stegadons as well (kill large target and get to roll on EoTG) Armor of Zhrakk makes the character ItP doesn't it? so mark of Slanesh is not necessary, except to get the steed.

Wardancers aren't that tough to take. You'd either challenge or eat them alive. A Steed of slanesh only allows 3 of them to attack. If they use the ASF, then they only get 3 attacks needing 4's and 4's. They are T3 and only get a 6+ward. Even I should be able to eat them with my terrible rolling.

I'd probably use something similar if my Tzeentch Discman didn't provide a similar function. I gave him BcRoar because 2d6 hits is pretty good when you only need 5's. I just use armor of morslieb and shield. I think a 2+ and 3+ is pretty good protection vs. poison.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slaanesh horses are fast cav and movement 20

Nobody said anything about tyrants =P Mark of Slaanesh is for fear causing pain in the a** skirmishers e.g drayads. God i hate wood elves =/

I wish warriors could still have skirmishers =/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

I don't really see this guy being worthwhile. Skirmishers are used as a distraction or as bait. You'd be playing right into their hands.

I think you would be better off using a spawn or ogres or something. Horsemen are too vulnerable to shooting.

Personally I like to use knights or Dragon Ogres on the flanks with skirmishers. Because Skirmishers reform to maximize (as opposed to the chargers as normal), I use them to wheel my knights around to face the center of the board (and preparing flank charges). I don't think any unit of skirmisher has a chance against knights. It's pretty sneaky but it's the best way to use skirmisher's rules against them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Undivided

Now i HATE skirmishers and they really bug me with their exsistance and i regully play skinks (the MOST ANNOYING SKIRMISHERS!) and i have this new character to deal with skinks (and other skimishers tbh)

Exalted Hero
    Flail (so he can win combats)
    Mark of Slaanesh (so he can charge dryads and the like)
    The Bronze Armour of Zhrakk (so hes immune to poison (skink shots) and wardancers being annoying with there killing blow)
    Steed of Slaanesh (so no one can escape)
    Shield

How do u thinkg he would do?
    A BSB upgrade is also a good option to consider since you will always be outnumbered.

Other magic items to consider:
    Enchanted shield and Necrotic Phylactery (maybe Sword of Might or Glaive of Putrefaction).

Soporific Musk is also to consider if he flees a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Well, if you can keep him away from the Lore of Metal, he should do ok

I think you'd need to make sure you charge in the right direction, so if the targets do flee, you're not stranded. I'd probably look at Phylactery too, instead of that armour he has. Problem is he now can't flee, and if he's in a bad spot and gets charged, you can flee, reform and move again, thanks to his Fast Cav status...but not with the Bronze Armour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

d6+1 d6+1 magic missile

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

The best build would be:

Exalted of Slaanesh - 204

MoS
    Flail
    Enchanted Shield
    Collar of Khorne
    Steed of Slaanesh

Blood Curdling roar (360 line of site for shooting)

But the problem is he costs too much. I would not leave him on his own but throw him in a unit of horsemen for extra protection.

A cheaper version could be

Exalted hero of Tzeentch - 169 pts

MoT
    Flail
    Shield
    Disc
    Fury of the blood god

The problem here is that you only have magic protection but the price is cheaper.
    Last edited by DraagDarkfire; August 5th, 2009 at 13:57.

+ Reply to Thread