Centaurs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Centaurs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Centaurs

Hey all.

I would like your opinions on including centaur models in my WoC army, using the rules for knights and horsemen.
    I'm very fond of the centaurs' role in greek mythology - especially their 'king' Chiron - and I would love to field an army of warriors with slightly greek-themed looks (crests on helms etc.) and have centaurs accompany them.

As I see it, there is nothing wrong with this approach rules wise, as cavalry is always treated as a single model anyway. When attacking the mounts attack makes sense as horse 'kicks' from the centaur; and when being attacked it is always done against the riders stats anyway (as far as I remeber - not played for a few years).

I know this idea is in no way original, but would like to know what you think of it, and most important: if you can come up with a situation where it would conflict with the rules?

Thanks in advance =)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

I don't see a problem with it, there's no way they could be mistaken for centigors anymore. As long as you point out what they are. Any representing knights will need to have heavier armour etc than marauder horsemen standins, but I assume you've thought of all that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

I think it is a superb idea mate , simply use the knight and marauder models to get the wysywyg on armor, and just go for it!!

+ Reply to Thread