Marking and tooling marauders, chosen and horsemen against undead? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marking and tooling marauders, chosen and horsemen against undead?

Hello

As said before, I'm back after a long break and I'll mainly face Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings (the latter mostly). I've alredy got a unit of 16 marauders w/shields (possibly mark of khorne). I don't like the idea of giving units other marks than wich they are painted. So I don't know if my new unit of warriors w/shields will survive against the fear-causers. A unit of 12 warriors of khorne w/shields is currently not in use beacause of the previous generation of models. Anyways I don't want to remodel and repaint these, but will they do their part against the undead?

And back to topic, my apologies.
    I'm going to GW tomorrow to buy a box of horsemen and spawns and in future 10 chosen and a box of knights. I'm thinking mark of Slaanesh on the spawns will hold up a great deal of undead since the large skeleton units ain't that good and I like the idea of mark of nurgle+banner of rage knights.
    The main reason for this thread (again, got a little of topic): how to tool and mark the Horsemen, Chosen and a second unit of marauders?

Feel free to comment my other ideas as well
    Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Against undead? Basicly anthing that grants immunity to there strong points -> fear. Khorne and slaanesh indeed. Slaanesh is basicly the best option. Tzeentch and Nurgle are optional, but only when you have a charaqcter riding a fear causing mount in the unit, thereby again, denying there scaryfactor

Slaanesh is the best against undead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Could a hero without a mark and a daemonic mount ride with the nurgle knights ? Or do i have to mark him aswell?
    By the way, horsemen with throwing weapons or flails?
    Chosen with great weapons sounds nice, but how bout them halberds? With mark of Slaanesh they'll probably do some good work out of the undead
    Last edited by Gilla; August 11th, 2009 at 15:44.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't have to mark him, and you can also mark him differently than the rest of the unit. If you got some ward save already, the Mark of Tzeentch is very useful

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

If you put a fear causing demonic mount into a unit of infantry they should get immunity to fear. If you don't want to mark your infantry with slaanesh, this is the next best way.

But yeah, you HAVE to go slaanesh against undead hordes. If you lose combat they will outnumber you, slaanesh means you don't need double 1s. Khorne doesn't provide that, because once you lose combat you lose frenzy and your immunity to psychology.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks again.
    One more question guys..
    Just bought some horsemen. As I understand, units immune to psychology can't flee as charge reaction? This would be the if I give them throwing axes.. Is there a point in giving them throwing weapons at all against undead?
    How about flails and flanking them (mark of khorne maybe?) ? I have no idea of how to get the point value out of the horsemen. Fast cavalry is new to me.
    So to rule it out: Which weapons and marks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilla View Post
    Hello
    I don't like the idea of giving units other marks than wich they are painted. So I don't know if my new unit of warriors w/shields will survive against the fear-causers.
    Remember that the colors a model is sporting have absolutely zero to do with the mark it has. Red does not equal Khorne any more than green or pink equals Nurgle and Slaanesh. Feel free to mark units as you wish, and just tell your opponent during setup what each unit is marked as.

As for as marks go, Khorne is awesome but devilishly hard to use, not to mention overpriced considering all the drawbacks it introduces. That being said, facing an undead list is pretty much the ideal time to consider Khorne, since baiting your charges becomes much harder and much less useful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for some insight in mark of khorne.
    Still. Marauder horsemen? Share experience with both flails or throwing weapons
    Will more than a musician be worth the points?
    Last edited by Gilla; August 13th, 2009 at 02:48.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilla View Post
    Just bought some horsemen. As I understand, units immune to psychology can't flee as charge reaction?
    Just remember that the Mark of Slaanesh doesn't follow the rules for Immune to Psychology in the rulebook. A unit with the MoS could still elect to flee from a charge if you wanted to.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Rork, didn't know that
    But I can't make up my mind on the marauder horsemen.
    Flails and throwing axes both appeal, but I'm as good as new to the game.
    Is command group worth points, and I'm still just playing against Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts. What is best against those armies. I don't want to nag about this, but I just can't make up my mind on their weapons.
    Give me an answer for this and I'll give you silence!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast