Dragon Ogres - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ogres

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dragon Ogres

My friend has been rambling for a while that they will at some point be releasing Dragon Ogres as plastics, has anyone else heard this rumour or is he crazy?

I can't see it happening as they just released the new Kroxigors and they are still pewter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At a gamestore in Canada they said probably september. But the rumour has been around for about four months~ish. Another rumour has it that GW wants to get rid of all blisters and eventually all pewter.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for plastic DO, but wouldn't count on it. Besides. Whats wrong with the current line of dragon ogres?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it is possible.. hmm.. I too live in Canada and my FLGS never orders in blisters, only on special order will he. I own one currently and want at least 4.. I just would prefer to buy one plastic box of them and be done with it.. not spend 25$ each time on 4 pewter models.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

There is a rumor that they will see new models with the release of the new Beasts of Chaos Book, which is rumored to be happening after Skaven. I am holding out for new Dragon Ogres and Minotaurs, as I am not a fan of the current models.

Tekore

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

if you notice in their army box deals they did last year (when they tried to unload all their metal minis ) there were quite a few dragon ogres if I remember (and 20 chaos knights - see what happened to them)

I really don't see them releasing these if they exist, until the beast book comes out (assuming they're still inthe book) which isn't til the first part of 2010 at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt that they will make a plastic dragon ogre (DO).
    I don't think they will make enough money to justify as DO are not a core unit and thus not as popular in sales volume. GW could change the rule in the future to make DO more popular such as making them the killer unit, a required unit, reduced point cost, or some other special rules to make more attractive.
    A good example would be the 40k Imperial guards. GW has some many Leman Russ tank varients compared to previous edition that each guard players would be encouraged to buy at least 2-5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SmallerDeamon View Post
    Besides. Whats wrong with the current line of dragon ogres?
    You're joking, right?

Yes, you must be joking.

Sorry. I'm a bit slow in the head.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Dragon Ogres

Dragon ogres are an awesome unit. If you could pick up five for £25 I would have a couple of units of them. If they were like Chaos Knights and I could get five for £12 then I would have around forty...

They're one of the coolest monsters in the warhammer world and currently in my part of the world people buy ogres and cold ones and then kit bash as best they can...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_Roark View Post
    You're joking, right?

Yes, you must be joking.

Sorry. I'm a bit slow in the head.
    I actually represent the small 1-person size minority who likes the old models. I know it's loony, but I can't help it :p

Too bad they are just so darned expensive. And as Zarahemna says: in game terms they are awesome as a unit*.

-----------
    *Disclaimer: this statement is only true when the Dice God, Gods, Godess or Diety of your choosing is in fact favorable. If nthis is not the case than none of this statement has any actual resemblance of real events and is totally fictional and any smiliarity is non-intentional.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x5)

You could always convert your own if you can be bothered!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast