KMK 09 turnament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KMK 09 turnament

Hi guys

We will have a tournament on 10 of October with this rules :

http://www.star-forge.com/index.php?name=P...iewtopic&t=5354

I would like your help and suggestions by makeing my armey. In the moment my list looks like this:

Chaos Lord : (Khorne) @ 375 Pts
    Juggernout
    sword of might
    enchanted shield
    Bronze armour of zhrakk
    Crown of everlasting conquest

Ex. Champion @ 201 Pts
    steed
    b.s.b
    axe of khorne

Chaos sorcerer L.2 (Tzeentch) @ 230 Pts
    disc of tzeentch
    golden eye of tzeentch
    dispel scroll

Chaos sorcerer L.2 @ 206 Pts
    steed
    dispel scroll
    dispel scroll

7 chaos knights (Nurgle) @ 375 Pts
    standart bearer
    musician
    ensorcelled weapons
    banner of rage

chaos chariot (Slaanesh) @ 130 Pts

20 Marauders (Slaanesh) @ 142 Pts
    standart bearer
    musician
    light armour
    shields

standart bearer
    musician
    light armour
    shields

standart bearer
    musician
    light armour
    shields

5 Marauder horsemen (Slaanesh) @ 96 Pts
    musician
    light armour
    flails

5 Marauder horsemen (Slaanesh) @ 96 Pts
    musician
    light armour
    flails

5 Warhounds @ 30 Pts

5 Warhounds @ 30 Pts

5 Warhounds @ 30 Pts

Total Army Cost: 2225 Pts.

I have 25 Pts left. I could give a unit a war banner ore something else.

How I play this armey:

With 10 units in armey i try to outnumber the opponent in deployment.
    I deploy the knights last.

I put lord and b.s.b into the unit of knights so i also get a rank bonus and try to get with them in a combat as soon as possible.With 11 S6, 9 S5 and 6 S4 attacks i think it can brak avery unit it hits.

The tzeentch sorcerer trys to kill the opponents cavalry if he has one.

I think that because of their numbers the marauders can't be just ignored so that the opponent will have to deploy hard hiting units to face them. It is just a thought, what do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you cannot give your b.Sb any magic items because he is the B.S.B

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whatfruit View Post
    you cannot give your b.Sb any magic items because he is the B.S.B
    You cannot give your BSB magical items if he has a magical banner. As he just has a regular standard, he is free to take the axe.

That being said, you can not have two pieces of magical armor, so you must drop either the shield or the weapon. Personally I would drop both, take a regular shield and the Chaos Runesword. The Crown of Everlasting Conquest is something I would not spent 50 points on, especially since you don't have a ward save (which, imo, is the only time to spend points on regen, since it is an inferior stat) but the Necrotic Phylactory is well worth its points in a tournament setting. I would suggest the following.

Lord (405)
    •Juggernaut
    •Mark of Khorne
    •Chaos Runesword
    •Shield
    •Armor of Morrslieb
    •Necrotic Phylactory
    •Favour of the Gods
    •Soporiphic Musk

Now you have a 4+ ward save, instead of regeneration, as well as immunity to poison. The Chaos Runesword is a fabulous weapon and easily makes up for the insane point investment.

Furthermore, if you have you BSB on the Disc of Tzeentch with the Doom Totem (I know, huge points sink) it will only amplify the effectiveness of your Lord.

Exalted Hero ( 240 )
    •BSB
    •Doom Totem
    •Mark of Tzeentch
    •Disc of Tzeentch

Now you have two units that cause fear, one of which causes a -1 leadership modifier to every enemy on the board. Furthermore, if a unit runs from your Lord's fear, they are severely gimped by the Soporiphic Musk and generally you can run them down. If they do not run, they are forced to hit you on a six, which generally means (with the aid of the Runesword) you will absolutely demolish them in combat.

Against Psychology immune armies, you still have an absolute beast of a Command structure.

I would make one of your sorcerers a Nurgle Sorcerer. Their lore is very versatile, and Magnificent Buboes is one of the best spells in the game. Any number you roll can be useful. Generally I don't bring a Tzeentch Sorcerer unless he is level 4. I think a level 2 Sorcerer of Nurgle and a level 2 Sorcerer of Slaanesh would fit very well into this army.

Of course this is more suited to my playstyle, I don't know how you play. Hope it helps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Honestly I wouldnt put your BSB in with your knights, its a seven large unit with a lord on a juggernaut already and it has frenzy, so they will be baiting that unit around all game if they knew what they were doing.

Instead i would give your BSB rapturous standard and put him in a unit of marauders. With rerolls the odds of getting insane courage are in your favor, so even if youre outnumbered by fear causing you can stick it. Also you will have a static combat res of 5 with 3 ranks, banner, warbanner.

I think i know what youre getting at though. Your cheap units go up the middle while your knights just dominate anything it can fight, i would just be worried about them getting controlled by their frenzy.

And one last thing to consider, getting collar of khorne on your lord because that knight unit will be the target of tons of spells. If you have to drop i scroll i feel it would be worth it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Juggernaut already confers a Magic Resist (1), so a collar might be a little overkill. Not to mention it prohibits him carrying Necrotic Phylactory, which I find to be invaluable in a tournament setting.

If you were to go that route, the
    •Collar of Khorne
    •Armor of Morslieb
    •Filth Mace
    •Favour of the Gods
    Might be a good loadout.

I like your idea of the Rapturous Standard, though. That's good thinking. I'm just a guy who likes to cause a lot of fear and terror, so in a 2k+ list, the Doom Totem on a Disc of Tzeentch is almost standard for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that people should stop spending so many points on their Chaos Lords, give them some mundane weapon (flail) that's cheap and does the job. I can't see the point in the Chaos Runesword. The Runesword gives him strength 6, weapon skill 9 and 7 attacks. I reckon a flail is heaps better. He's stronger but has less weapon skill and attacks, but weapon skill 9 is rarely necessary, and can't you be satisfied with 6 attacks? You're saving about 40 points here. Why the Filth Mace? Causing Terror isn't that awesome, and poisoned strength 5 isn't as good as strength 7 in my opinion. What I don't like about many magic weapons is that a simple flail does the killing so much better. Take a flail mate, it'll do you just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

The Juggernaut already confers a Magic Resist (1), so a collar might be a little overkill. Not to mention it prohibits him carrying Necrotic Phylactory, which I find to be invaluable in a tournament setting.
    Aww forgot about the juggernaut resistance. And i'm pretty sure magic resistance doesnt stack so cancel my comment about collar of khorne.

+ Reply to Thread