Exalted Hero on Juggernaut? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exalted Hero on Juggernaut?

At the moment, all I've got is a 1000 point army. As a general, I have an exalted hero. I was thinking of using this setup for him:

Exalted Hero
    Juggernaut
    Mark of Khorne
    Sword of Battle
    Shield
    Favor of the Gods

Is this a good setup?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

I like it. I prefer the sword of might though especially if he's used to take down other heroes. +1S is much better than +1A vs opponents with T4+ and/or have armor of 4+ or better, and I would think most characters have one of those stats.

+1A would be better vs lower armored troops, but why send this guy against troops when you can take down characters and receive eye of the gods rolls?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

I'd opt for the chaos Runesword, you get both +1S and +1A, +1 WS bonus. So you lose the re-roll on EOTG. Well, unless you have a warshrine don't expect many EOTG rolls. Save this item for your Chosen!

Personally tho, I would never take a khorne character. Frenzy is just too much of a hazard, esp on something this big. one crappy unit of light calv can effectivly take this guy out of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

96 (x1)

Like Astynax said, Sword of Might is definitively better than Sword of Battle. I won't go into details but if you do some Mathhammer you will find that both sword are almost equivalent against T3 opponents. Against any higher T opponent, the Sword of Might wins easily, especially if they have a high Sv throw.

I personally like to give the Juggy hero the Enchanted Shield. This gives him a -1Sv (gives 2+Sv against S6). For a tournament setup, I would also give him Necrotic Phylactery (against assassins). My setup looks like this:

Exalted Hero, MoK, Juggernaut, Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield, Necrotic Phylactery, Favor of the Gods

Strength:
    S6, -1Sv, Immune to Poison (and extra stuff), Favor

Weakness:
    Nothing against Killing Blow, Frenzy

EDIT:
    As for getting around the Frenzy, keep some warhounds in front and put him in the middle of a unit with the same move (knights...). Just don't expect any finesse with this unit, just move straight maximum value and hope to be charged (doesn't matter if you have knights with Banner of Rage) or get a charged before your warhounds dies. Against a good opponent, plan a turn 2 charge he will then only have 1 or 2 turn to kill your warhounds and bait you off course.
    Last edited by dapredator66; September 4th, 2009 at 15:21.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by talismanictattoo View Post
    I'd opt for the chaos Runesword, you get both +1S and +1A, +1 WS bonus. So you lose the re-roll on EOTG. Well, unless you have a warshrine don't expect many EOTG rolls. Save this item for your Chosen!

Personally tho, I would never take a khorne character. Frenzy is just too much of a hazard, esp on something this big. one crappy unit of light calv can effectivly take this guy out of the game.

For higher point games I would agree with you, but keep in mind here he's planning for 1000 points. I doubt, and would recommend against chosen at this level. Knights would be a much better choice for special and fill the rest with core.

I really like the Necrotic Phylactery too but if I can fit it in I like the Bronze Armor since that would make you immune to assassins and ghouls, plus a lot of killing blow units like executioners, grave guard & black knights. I don't think there are too many S6 units around at lower points either? I can't think of too many atm other than units with lances, but you would have a warhound screen to eat that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dapredator66 View Post
    I personally like to give the Juggy hero the Enchanted Shield. This gives him a -1Sv (gives 2+Sv against S6). For a tournament setup, I would also give him Necrotic Phylactery (against assassins).
    I didn't give him the enchanted shield because I gave that to my sorcerer. He should live a lot longer that way, and I thought a 0+ armor save would be good enough on my juggernaut hero.

I am running pretty short on points, so I can't give him much more stuff (points-wise) than what he has right now.

By the way, thanks to everyone for all the advice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're really paranoid about being iced, give him the crimson armor of Dargan and the necrotic phylactery. Wounds don't get multiplied, it's nice for when you fail your look out sire and a damnable cannonball hits you. For a chaos lord on a juggernaut I was thinking crimson armor of Dargan, necrotic phylactery, shield, glaive of putrefaction and perhaps just for kicks helm of many eyes. He's hawkbat insane but pretty mean and damn near unkillable, with some immune to psychology. Banner of the gods nearby for kicks.
    "Take a toughness check or die!"
    "I automatically pass that."
    "You just suffered 4 wounds thanks to my Kholek Suneater!"
    "No I didn't."
    "You got charged!"
    "ASF."
    "Fear my stegadon!"
    "Not really."
    "MAGNIFICENT BUBOES!"
    "Allright, whatever."
    "You're dead, My Blue Eyes White dragon has killing blow!"
    "Immune, by the way, do I still get my armor save?"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

i tend to pick up the axe of khorne instead of the runesword, just love killing blow

But yes, be sensible with hounds and you shouldn't be getting dragged everywhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarelbandito View Post
    If you're really paranoid about being iced, give him the crimson armor of Dargan and the necrotic phylactery. Wounds don't get multiplied, it's nice for when you fail your look out sire and a damnable cannonball hits you. For a chaos lord on a juggernaut I was thinking crimson armor of Dargan, necrotic phylactery, shield, glaive of putrefaction and perhaps just for kicks helm of many eyes. He's hawkbat insane but pretty mean and damn near unkillable, with some immune to psychology. Banner of the gods nearby for kicks.
    "Take a toughness check or die!"
    "I automatically pass that."
    "You just suffered 4 wounds thanks to my Kholek Suneater!"
    "No I didn't."
    "You got charged!"
    "ASF."
    "Fear my stegadon!"
    "Not really."
    "MAGNIFICENT BUBOES!"
    "Allright, whatever."
    "You're dead, My Blue Eyes White dragon has killing blow!"
    "Immune, by the way, do I still get my armor save?"
    LOL! omfg i laughed so hard!!!! xD
    but i COMPLETELY agree with you, its major sickness!!! also stick him in a squad of knights for the funsies

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

if you're sticking him in a unit of knights, I'd suggest giving the knights with MoK or the rage banner. If the knights aren't frenzied and you don't declare a charge with them. When range is checked for the frenzied hero if he's within range He'll be bolting out of the unit like a dog after bitch in heat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast