No marauders list? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No marauders list?

Hello! I got some WoC miniatures as a gift but I don't have a very wide range of models, for instanse I have no marauders. Any ideas about a good list that doesn't include marauders?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Well, i dont know if you have enough cavalry, but an all cavalry army might be the strongest WoC army right now.

But that depends if by no marauders you mean no marauders and no marauder horsemen. If you have neither you will need to get atleast one because playing with three units of Warriors doesnt really work, sometimes i play with two, but you will need another core choice to fill your slots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only reason I use marauders anymore is as ablative sheilding for wulfrick. Other than that, Horsemen are pretty much the only troops choice I take, other than some warhounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could try an all armoured force (all in chaos armour), like CW with shields, other CW, Knights, Chosen, Ogres with chaos armour etc. I know this restricts your choices quite a bit, but it is quite a nice theme (I am using it myself).It is also quite competitive (Especially against Elven armies with no war machines). However, it is competitive against all forces, and will be quite interesting to paint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Offtopic:

Quote Originally Posted by weet-bix View Post
    You could try an all armoured force (all in chaos armour), like CW with shields, other CW, Knights, Chosen, Ogres with chaos armour etc. I know this restricts your choices quite a bit, but it is quite a nice theme (I am using it myself).It is also quite competitive (Especially against Elven armies with no war machines). However, it is competitive against all forces, and will be quite interesting to paint.
    Do you have an army list somewhere on LO? I'm interested in your army composition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, i do not have an army list anywhere on LO.By the way, thanks for the compliment. I have enjoyed compiling army lists, and I usually go for a theme, but I do not give up the ability to be competitive by doing so. My favourite army list I have compiled so far is an Orc and Goblin 3000 pt list (I might put it on soon) which is all about Big Uns, Boar Boyz and Black Orcs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks weet-bix, thats kind of the idea I am looking for. In that case what has worked for you?, big units of CW or small units? what kind of characters do you usually field?

if you could post something like a sample list that would be really nice, (from 1k to 2k I think I could field)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of list would you want? E.g. All infantry, balanced, magic heavy, close combat force, Marked force etc. I really don't mind.
    By the way I haven't actually used warriors of chaos but I have a couple of army books (WoC, HIgh Elves, Dark Elves and Orcs and Goblins) and I imagine how they would work against these armies (as well as rolling dice for different circumstances) to see if it would be a good force or not. And when choosing a theme I create an army list that I would like to use (usually full of the strongest things in the army) and then give it a theme. If you give me an answer I will create a 2k list for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The theme would be a host of slaneshi warriors, infrantry mostly. Like an elite force that doesn't retreat, a bit like 300 but with heavier armour and the slanesh view on pleasure . Knights, spawns and giants are also welcome as back-up (I'd like a chariot but I don't have one). The focus on the character side would be on magic, agresively. (don't like the scroll caddie concept)

I have a rough idea of what I want, its just that I'm not sure about how to make the list effectively since an army like that lacks mobility even though is very resistant and hard-hitting.
    I'm not a very experienced chaos player so any advice is welcome but also note that I play mostly for fun and fluff and not necessarily very competitive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SmallerDeamon View Post
    Offtopic:

Do you have an army list somewhere on LO? I'm interested in your army composition.
    here is my future army (i added some changes, like remove 2 horsmen marauders and add 1 scroll):
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-my-first.html (2,250 havy magic, my first)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast