New Warriors of Chaos Player! Help against VC! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Warriors of Chaos Player! Help against VC!

Hey all,

I am a brand-spanking new Fantasy player (although I have 40k exp). I have decided to put together an army after another friend of mine became interested in playing. I picked up on WoC and he went with VC. I am looking to run a Cavalry list- but I want to play smart against his VC. He is looking do something around skeletons a ghouls with a necromancer. We will most likely start around 500 pts. What would be a strong core and tactica to combat this army? Any help would be great!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VC is kinda like putting your eggs all in one basket. That is, if it's an iron-bound basket that can shoot death lasers. The prime target is the Vampire. If he doesn't have a vampire, then shoot for the Necro. Regardless, shoot for the head vampire first. Take him out and the army crumbles to dust. Another thing to keep in mind is to not let your major units get caught up in the skeletons. Those tend to be tarpits. The Ghouls have poison attacks, so be careful of them if you use Chaos Knights.

Calvary heavy can be fun. Chaos only really has 2 calvary options though. I'd still use a foot-slogging unit as a bulwark. I'd suggest using Chaos Warriors for this. Have Knights and Marauder Horsemen running arround harrassing. While the Knights help the Warriors knock out whatever big unit you get hit with. Use the marauder Horsemen to flank around and attack the general.

Alternatively, if you don't have the space for Knights, just build a second unit of Marauder Horsemen to fit the role. That's how I'd do things, at least.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marauder Horsemen with Flails and MoK can be fantastic Khorne Missiles. Just be careful with your facing (they are fast calvary, so you get free reforms) and you should be fine.

500 points might be a tad low to have both Warriors and Knights. Heck, 500 points makes it kind of rough to bring knights at all unless you bring a 40 point unit of Marauders.

Maybe just bring 2x Khorne Horsemen w/ Flails, a nurgle sorcerer on foot (magnificent Buboes is your friend) and place the sorcerer is a large unit of knights with banners and all that.

Mess around, have some fun. Nothing helps you figure out what works like playing does!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks both of you for the advice! That was generally what I was thinking. A core of knights with marauders and a sorcerer. Would MoK really be a good idea with the regenerating troops? Or should I go with a different mark so I can control them for flanking, etc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At 500 pts, I would definitely be focusing on adorning that vampire with some lovely Buboes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

I wouldn't worry about VC at all at 500 pts with WoC especially if he takes a necro. He won't have too much which will greatly threaten you and a 1 wound necro will get 1 shot from buboes = gg when his general dies.

Alternatively you can take black tongue. First failed spell and you win!

Knights might be too expensive at 500 pts but a unit of warriors + the hero in it will walk through pretty much anything he'll bring

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most powerful part of a VC army is there magic. It gives them the ability to bring back models as well as lets them charge in the magic phase. Rember this so when you go after a unit go after them hard because if you dont kill them all then he's bringing them back next turn. Something else that i've had work well is carying the black toung on my spair sorccer. Save it for when his general fails to get one of his spells off and when you guys go to larger point games try to fit the puppet in so that you can push his miscast roll to something a little more painful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Also note that as a Vampires player, I barely if ever cast any spells on more than 1 die. Invocation is easy enough to cast 66% of the time on 1 die, so why roll 2 or more? I can just spam IoN over and over....

+ Reply to Thread