Showing interests in WoC. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Showing interests in WoC.

So guys. Explain to me exactly what makes you appealing.

I play Tau, Dark Eldar, 40k Daemons and LM in fantasy. I've recently gotten quite bored of LM. Two point and shoot play styles. Demolish my opponent with crazy amounts of power dice and strong casters, or march my dinosaurs they can't hurt to the other side of the table.

I really, really like skaven but I want to do a small competitive elitist *ehem easy to paint* army.

So tell me, what makes chaos good? What are 4 focuses of chaos gods? is it as it is in 40k? +A for khorne +I for slanny +T for Nurgle and ++ for Tzeentch?

How do your heroes work?

Are you competitive?

Themed armies? What are common themes that are still competitive.

Will keep my eyes out for your answers! Cheerio!

Glavas

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you serious, whats not bloody cool about WOC. We have the hardest core infantry out, we can adapt almost any unit in our army to suit a situation by giving them a different mark, we have the hardest knights and our magic phase can be brutal.

The marks do work a little differently to CSM though, for one Mark of Khorne offers frenzy, plus one attack but makes them require a little more finesse in the way you use them as they will charge whatever is in front of them.
    Mark of Nurgle grants a little more protection by making you harder to hit, the opponent is at -1ws in close combat and -1 to hit in shooting.
    Mark of tzeentch gives you a ward save that stacks with other ward saves and plus one to cast.
    and slannesh gives you all the pros of immune to psychology minus the draw back of being unable to flee when needed.
    By mixing these marks effectively you can tackle any other force.

We arent top tier competitive apparently because you can pick up the book and automatically win, itll take some time to figure out what your units can take on, where to commit them and where to blast away with magic.If you lose a combat you arent usually going to have the static combat res to hold out against a cheap horde unit.

Basically WOC is the hardest hitting army in close combat you can get, but itll cost you a shit ton of points for all the fightiness. haha my 2250 army is 80 models and 20 of thats just hounds.

hope i could help.
    ----------
    just saw you were form OZ too, im from perth, nice work.
    Last edited by Hoe-land; November 23rd, 2009 at 08:39.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoe-land View Post
    are you serious, whats not bloody cool about WOC. We have the hardest core infantry out, we can adapt almost any unit in our army to suit a situation by giving them a different mark, we have the hardest knights and our magic phase can be brutal.

The marks do work a little differently to CSM though, for one Mark of Khorne offers frenzy, plus one attack but makes them require a little more finesse in the way you use them as they will charge whatever is in front of them.
    Mark of Nurgle grants a little more protection by making you harder to hit, the opponent is at -1ws in close combat and -1 to hit in shooting.
    Mark of tzeentch gives you a ward save that stacks with other ward saves and plus one to cast.
    and slannesh gives you all the pros of immune to psychology minus the draw back of being unable to flee when needed.
    By mixing these marks effectively you can tackle any other force.

We arent top tier competitive apparently because you can pick up the book and automatically win, itll take some time to figure out what your units can take on, where to commit them and where to blast away with magic.If you lose a combat you arent usually going to have the static combat res to hold out against a cheap horde unit.

Basically WOC is the hardest hitting army in close combat you can get, but itll cost you a shit ton of points for all the fightiness. haha my 2250 army is 80 models and 20 of thats just hounds.

hope i could help.
    ----------
    just saw you were form oz too, im form perth, nice work.
    Haha!

Hard hitting you are. But i'm a guy who plays themed lists too so there will be no mixing marks. Either everything has the same marks or nothing has any marks.

You're not THE hardest hitting army A sarus for 11 points has 2 attacks, even with spears!

But they're getting boring and don't fit in the "elitist category" I've written up a list. I'd love for you to take a look at it for me. I dislike the marauders. They don't appeal to me at all. So i'll see how I go with just warriors.

Feel free to take a check at the list in 10 minutes or so

Glavas

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x3)

Yea but the Chaos Warrior has higher I higher WS and a better armor save. They are as good in combat as temple guard only no special rules and yes WoC can take halberds and great weapons.
    If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Hashulaman View Post
    Yea but the Chaos Warrior has higher I higher WS and a better armor save. They are as good in combat as temple guard only no special rules and yes WoC can take halberds and great weapons.
    Not quite as good as templeguard You're not stubborn on LD8 with cold blooded.

Great weapons seem a waste. Losing that awesome I.

Granted, I'm not saying chaos warriors aren't as good as saurus in CC. point for point, they're the same really. 4 points more expensive and have a few advantages and disadvantages.

But this isn't about who's better, I'm converting to YOUR side

Glavas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are looking to theme your army then chances are you are going to struggle. Certain marks are better for certain units and some are just wasted points on some units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, unlike in 40k, it's rare (in lore) to see an army devoted to a single god. The gods even bestowed their power upon one individual, Archaon.

One of my friends plays LM and I do agree that templeguard are good, but expensive for a slow moving unit that rarely sees combat in larger games. For my friend they've mostly been a protection unit for his Slann. What WoC can do to counter this however, is make a fast army and just avoid the TG all together

With marauder horsemen for core, knights and D-Ogres for special, a lord on juggernaut and maybe a hero on disk for your characters, and hell maybe even a shaggoth for rare, you can definitely out flank most other armies (except for wood elves and brets ಠ_ಠ).

I personally run more of a mixed army. Usually a lord on juggernaut in a unit of 5 nurgle knights with banner of rage and a standard, just in case. If I have the points I'll also put a champion in there in case I want my lord to damage the unit rather than being forced to challenge and waste wounds on a champion ;_;. For core I run a big unit (18-20 ) of warriors with 2 units of 15-20 marauders for flank guards. Hounds are necessary for screening your frenzied units or you'll soon get baited into a unit of skinks or something lol. Also NEVER put khorne on a chariot, I found that out the hard way. My opponent killed the hound screen protecting it, and next turn I was forced to charge a unit which of course fled and led me DIRECTLY into a forest, almost killing my chariot, but rendering it essentially useless.

Hope I've helped somewhat and remember to try and balance your WoC for friendly games, as we can get very competitive army comps very easily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive made my entire army themed, its an all cav list, i wanted to make a mongol , ghengis khan kinda raider list. themes are easy to implement if you ignore the mono-god aspect.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Yeah, the humans that worship the chaos gods, worship them all, maybe one more than the others, but they still worship them all.

The theme for my army is, "I'm going to try my hardest to table you" and I use my Master-blaster to do it.

Anyways, saurus are WS3 and as slow as warriors with a weaker armor save. Meaning we both will always get charged, but the warriors will win more often, by taking less wounds.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkus View Post
    Yeah, the humans that worship the chaos gods, worship them all, maybe one more than the others, but they still worship them all.

The theme for my army is, "I'm going to try my hardest to table you" and I use my Master-blaster to do it.

Anyways, saurus are WS3 and as slow as warriors with a weaker armor save. Meaning we both will always get charged, but the warriors will win more often, by taking less wounds.
    I'd debate that personally and saw that Saurus will win due to causing more wounds. When saurus get charged, they've got 21 attacks back before casualties

Do warriors really get charged that often? I thought the idea was to bait them and then charge with the warriors

Is it worth giving warriors great weapons or extra HW?

Glavas

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast