Vs OK - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vs OK

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Vs OK

Whats the best way to handle OK, a friend of mine is starting them. Im pretty sure hes taking a tyrant with tenderizer and a giant, some ironguts and lead belchers in addition to bulls. Aside from that I have no clue what else hes taking.

If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont let him get the charge. Get good at judging distances and trick him into charging when he'd be one inch short... otherwise, show up lol. Ogre's are pretty easy for our high armor scores. dont let him get the spell that gives +1 toughness to his ogres, can get pretty messy when u cant wound their higher toughness.

If you charge them with knights they will pretty much break since he wont be having more then 3-5 in a group.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

If you are tailoring a list against OK, you absolutely must take the black tongue/infernal puppet combo. Nothing like wounding all his butchers in 1 go.

After that, he's right, show up and you should win. Ogres live and die by the charge and knights out range them easily.

Against his magic, the one spell you don't want him to get off is the no armor save magic missile anything else is fine for the most part. Panic checks don't worry me. Just be wary though, if he's tailoring a list against you, it can have the statue/mantle combo to force psychology checks at -4 leadership. Even knights will fail re-rollable 4s.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

I don't think he's tailoring his list, but from I can tell he's going more Close combat oriented and taking minimum magic.
    If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Knights, Hellcannon, and Doom Totem, and hordes of marauders with light armour and shields (with embedded characters, of course!) The two things that OK hate to deal with are lots of static combat res and any kind of leadership check. Knights, of course, are good against pretty much any opponent.

For the first two turns, blast away with the Hellcannon and any magic missiles you might have. Remember, the template only has to hit, not wound, to cause the panic check at -1. Combine that with the doom totem and ogres are taking panic checks on 5's and 6's. Be a real douche and inlcude two level 2's taking lore of Death and try for my absolute favorite spell Doom and Darkness. Now those some Ogres need snakeyes for PANIC CHECKS!

Use marauder horsemen and dogs to redirect any dangerous-looking charges, and your knights to smash him apart unit by unit. In a lot of my lists I like to use two big blocks (24) of full command marauders with light armour and shields, with a BSB mounted on daemonic steed and a mounted sorcerer in one and a chaos lord on daemonic steed and mounted sorcerer in the other. Having three characters in the front rank limits the combat res he can generate from the easier-to-kill marauders by forcing him to allocate attacks. In the first round of combat he'll be going up against a minimum 6 combat res against your BSB's unit, and that's if you don't inflict any wounds back.

+ Reply to Thread