Chariot and Character Marks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Chariot and Character Marks

So a character can't have a different mark then the chariot. However i assume this means we can put an unmarked character in a chariot with a mark. My question is if we put an unmarked character in a slaanesh chariot, would it be the same as putting a character in a slaanesh unit and it would count as immune to panic, terror, and fear?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

No, if the character has a mark, the chariot must have that mark, and vice versa; no mark on character means no mark on the chariot.
    2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The character would confer his immunity to fear/terror/panic to the unit, so yes.

And yes you can have a marked character and an unmarked chariot.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

I thought the errata had something on it, but I didn't see it with a quick glance over. However, it was to my understanding that different marks means different marks and someone not marked has no marks, so say no mark and mark of nurgle don't constitute different marks, since the model only has 1.

As far as slaanesh, characters DON'T give their psychology to units they join, but they DO give it to their mounts. Meaning a slaanesh character on a chariot will give the entire unit the immunity. Doesn't work for nurgle though. Basically to me it seems worthless to give the chariot slaanesh if the rider has it, unless you're worried about the rider dying.

I could be completely wrong, I won't deny that, but I haven't heard neither way from anything official and this makes sense to me.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to the unit as in to the chariot unit

you could also just skip giving slaanesh to the sorc and put it on the chariot for an extra 5 points(?) to really avoid any arguments

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does a Character with the Mark of Khorne confirm frenzy to his chariot mount if unmarked? If so, does it only affect the horses or does it affect the horses and the driver?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

I would be inclined to say that only the character is effected by frenzy, i.e. gets the extra, however if it can charge something it must, and the model as a whole wouldnt have to take any terror, panic, or fear tests while the rider is frenzied, but thats just from my understanding of the rules, that is an interesting question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

frenzy applies to mounts, so based on that, the chariot is also frenzied
    2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

+ Reply to Thread