Dark Elves: Pendant of Khaeleth - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Elves: Pendant of Khaeleth

The other day I played against a Dark Elf that put a Dreadlord on a Manticore with the Pendant of Khaeleth and some other item that gives him regeneration at 2500 points. He immediately engaged my lord, killed it in a few turns, flew around, and killed more shiz. I'm thinking right now: Lore of Slaanesh, Ecstatic Seizures, GG? Has anyone encountered this yet? Eye of the Gods... arghhhh..!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

best advice - just kill the manticore. Then the lord is just rolling around not flying around and you'll normally easily be able to beat him then by combat res and he should be running.

Thats the best advice against any lord/hero choise which is virtually unkillable on a monster. Kill his ride and he's beatable with combat res!

Any chaos lord can easily handle a manticore with no problem - manti has zero save of any kind. Kill him and the lord wins via res with a unit around him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We must have been playing the Challenge wrong then. We thought that we had to attack each others characters. In a challenge I can choose to attack his monstrous mount?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, because mounts also fight in challenges. I've had my friend challenge me with a skink chief on ancient stegodon before, wasn't fun.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

In a challenge the characters and their mounts fight. If you're on a chariot, the steeds pulling it fight, but not the crew.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help. He'll be surprised when I declare that I'm attacking his mount, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

You should make sure he's aware at the start of the game. Might cause grief if you just spring it on him.
    Current painting project: 2300 pts of Dwarfs in 5 weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by stratovarion View Post
    You should make sure he's aware at the start of the game. Might cause grief if you just spring it on him.
    There's no reason for it to cause a problem, the rules for challenges are very clearly outlined in the rulebook. If he starts to complain, just show him the rules. If he's going to play cheeseball characters like the invinci-lord in friendly games, I say use his ignorance of the rules to your advantage.

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x3)

COuld take a monster of your own, mount up on a dragon and kill his manticore, he is now outnumbered by a fear causing unit and auto flees if he looses,(which he should if this is done right)
    If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

blood curdling roar could be good here, strength 1 still wounds on 6s, with no armour saves, and his ward is basically useless.
    2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast