New to WHFB, 1000, 1500, 2000 & 2250pts armies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    The Plague Planet
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x1)

New to WHFB, 1000, 1500, 2000 & 2250pts armies

Hello there, I've been playing BFG and 40k for some years now but want to try painting something other than power armor. Also, theres talk of a campain in the local gaming club an I figured that it would be a nice change and also a good way to learn the game. That is also why I'm looking into the different point armies.

As I play Chaos in both BFG and 40k the choise was simple, a WoC army based around good looking models. I've been looking around these forums and reading up on the different units but sadly the stickyed tactica still lacks a few entries so I thought I'd ask in a seperate topic.

I already have a few models and a good idea of how the army will look. Heres what I have:
    the metal Khorne Lord on Juggernaught
    A Tzeench sorcerer on foot with familiar
    The Battalion box
    5 Maurauder Horsemen with flails and musician
    1 Hellcannon

I was trying to make an army with only "human" like models in it as I don't fancy the Dragon ogres or trolls and the like. What I'm really torne about is wether to give the Chaos Knights in the battalion box lances or not. The idea was to have the Lord on Juggernaught and the 5 knights in one "Khorne unit of destruction" :p I really want to take the lances as they look so much cooler but it seems most people are taking the enscrolled weapons?

Anyway, hope you guys can help a fellow general out in forging his host, and thanks in advance for any help!

2. Remove Advertisements

Prowling LO, looking for fresh meat.
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffel View Post
    I really want to take the lances as they look so much cooler but it seems most people are taking the enscrolled weapons?
    Lances are just worse. You pay extra for a weapon that means you lose the magic attacks (which are just downright useful) and only works on the charge. With unbreakable and stubborn (or rules that are similar) becoming increasingly common...and thus fighting in subsequent rounds of combat, having S5 all the time is gold.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

utrecht, Holland
    19 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

320 (x8)

i find the lances a bit unchaoticy. Im (a bit) glad that its been changed to ensorcelled stuff

if your looking for more minis, how about alot of cavalry, with some chaos hounds at the front ?
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

+ Reply to Thread