Tzeentch characters for an infantry list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Tzeentch characters for an infantry list

I have had my warriors for a while now and have slowly been putting them all together however I have found it difficult to decide on the characters. I want a list with lots of magic backed by a solid unit of tzeentch chosen The units themselves I'm not having too much trouble with but the characters being effective yet not overpriced is something that I'm not able to sort properly.

Basically I shall be using a 2000 point warriors list based mainly around infantry. Inwoukd like all of the characters to be wizards if that is viable and was wondering if anyone could give me pointers on their setup!

Thanks in advance

A

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my favorite builds is a Lv 2 Tzeentch sorcerer on a disk, with Bloodcurdling Roar and either a Power Familiar or a Book of Secrets. He's mobile and capable of dropping a respectable amount of damage behind enemy lines, whether its hacking away at archer blocks with roaring or magic, or just swooping in to assassinate enemy wizards.

It's a fun build.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it's kinda against you're theme (something i completely respect, I'm sacrificing power for it in my dwarf army) but consider an exalted of khorne on something speedy to run round and wreak havoc. It's just pure fun (unless you're playing against it)
    Dwarfs 24/12/2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khorne wouldn't work for this. With frenzy he would have to charge anything in range and would quickly get in troubles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well obviously he'd have to be used cleverly. Sneak him along the side behind woods or screen him with hounds to get him into their line or even better behind it and into archers and warmachines.
    Dwarfs 24/12/2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can tell you what my characters are, and you can work from there if you like. Now they aren't all wizards but 3 of the 4 are. If you would rather not spend about 1000 points on characters though you can drop the bsb and 2 of 3 will be wizards. However my characters are always marked for my theme, my units no necessarily.

Here they are:

Sorcerer Lord
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Enchanted shield
    Talisman of Protection
    Spell Familiar
    Blood-skull Pendant

Chaos Sorcerer
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Golden eye of Tzeentch
    Dispel Scroll/power familiar depending on if you take the battle standard bearer
    Blood Curdling Roar
    Disk of Tzeentch

Exalted hero (Non-Wizard character)
    Mark of Tzeentch
    flail
    shield
    Armour of Morrslieb
    Necrotic Phylactery
    Disk of Tzeentch

Exalted Hero
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Shield
    Great Weapon
    Book of Secrets
    Dispel Scroll
    Battle Standard bearer

These characters are designed for my 2250 list that I'm currently working on, its a bit of investment I'm not going to mislead you. But I find people hit hard for comp if you have more than two units of fast cavalry, but we need surgical tools to go with our hammers and axes, the two flyers do that. I'd rather spend an extra 50, 60 points points to get 4 s7 attacks to kill a cannon with some certainty than cheap out on fast cav and lose them to pistolliers or hand gunners. Also I find the characters with two 3+ wards are great for taking points late game. Denying space for wheels and setting up flank charges.

In a Infantry heavy army you need to minimize the room the opponent has to maneuver and I find disks with large bases, and generally more staying power than fast cavalry do this better.

+ Reply to Thread