2999 pt tourny army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2999 pt tourny army

I have recently gotten back into playing, and my old army (which I sold) was a Chaos army, of Khorne. It was a hard hitting mixture of daemons and mortals, that moved fast, was magic resistant and killed whatever it hit. (Which is probably why it is no longer legal.

I am in the process of rebuilding my Chaos army, no daemons allowed these days, so mortals it is. I'm looking at an all cav list, and I was going to go all Khorne again, but it seems that I will be very vulnerable to magic of all things if I do this. Last night I was looking into doing a half Khorne half Nurgle list, to allow me some magic or at least magic defense.

I try to stay away from the large monsters as much as I can, though I will probably include a Daemon Prince in the list.

So far I have:

Daemon Prince of Khorne
    still unsure about gifts, I'm thinking about the one that gives shooting defence

Exhalted Champion on a Juggernaut, Great weapon, crown of everlasting conquest

2 level one wizards, in chariots with 2 scrolls each

Core
    2 units of 5 Marauder Horsemen with full command and Flails mark of Khorne

2 units of 5 Marauder Horsemen with throwing axes and mark of Nurgle

2 units of 10 Warhounds

Special

2 units of 5 Chaos Knights of Khorne with full command

1 Unit of 5 Chaos Knights of Nurgle with full command, lances, and Blasted Standard

Rare

2 Chaos spawn Mark of Khorne

1 Giant (maybe) I'm not sure what I want to do with the last 230 points though it seems like fun.

Does this seem like a good list, or am I gonna be taken apart by highelves with star dragons and bolt throwers?

Any ideas or comments would be helpful.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

post this in the army list section

my thoughts in red

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post

Daemon Prince of Khorne
    still unsure about gifts, I'm thinking about the one that gives shooting defence
    Probably not the best idea, Daemon Princes don't make terribly good combat characters, casting, on the other hand, is something they are very good at. If you want combat you need a chaos lord, or another exalted. (lord prefered)

Exhalted Champion on a Juggernaut, Great weapon, crown of everlasting conquest
    No sense in the great weapon, he's mounted so he only gets +1 S, take a flail imo. Most things will break in the first round of combat anyways.

2 level one wizards, in chariots with 2 scrolls each
    Good

Core
    2 units of 5 Marauder Horsemen with full command and Flails mark of Khorne
    Drop the Command entirely, These guys were dubbed cruise missles for a reason. They hit hard, but they die very quickly, no sense wasting points on a banner for your opponent to capture.

2 units of 5 Marauder Horsemen with throwing axes and mark of Nurgle
    MoN is a waste on These guys, it won't help them much and its 30 points you could use elsewhere.

2 units of 10 Warhounds
    20 dogs is too many, they'll clutter your lines. drop the units to 5 or 6.

Special

2 units of 5 Chaos Knights of Khorne with full command
    keep the champ if you want, but remember he has to challenge things, which could be bad if you want to slaughter as many models as possible, given that his 4 attacks and his mounts 2 are all going at one model. and honestly i'd mark at least one more of these units Nurgle, they're much more reliable with all the units enemies could use to bait your frenzied knights.

1 Unit of 5 Chaos Knights of Nurgle with full command, lances, and Blasted Standard
    Drop the lances, Ensorcelled weapons are much better. Again, the champ is your call.

Rare

2 Chaos spawn Mark of Khorne
    Kind of a waste to put MoK on them, the only mark worth taking on spawns is MoS, they aren't reliable enough to kill things very often, so the points on the mark could be wasted. They are essentially temporary tarpits, and ASF from MoS helps with that alot.

1 Giant (maybe) I'm not sure what I want to do with the last 230 points though it seems like fun.
    Dragon Ogres. 3 of them with great weapons. 231 points.

Does this seem like a good list, or am I gonna be taken apart by highelves with star dragons and bolt throwers?
    I play against a list like this a lot, and if you play properly you should be able to win. Movement is key against dragons/bolt throwers.

Last edited by Ayliffe; January 26th, 2010 at 16:05.
    2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

+ Reply to Thread