chaos knights question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chaos knights question

would you rather put mark of slaanesh OR musician for the same points?
    +1 CR for a tie is nice on naked knights in a 1k list but not having to take those tests...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x1)

Musician you re-roll panic test and your knights already cause fear. The only dangerous test is terror (in a 1k game the probabilities are low to find such a thing).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

plus the only real threat of a terror causer is if they outnumber (how the **** often does that happen?).
    2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

Lost a tourney once failing a stupidity test on my ogre tyrant with a re-roll. (mawseeker and jade lion, thats 9 with a re-roll)
    Only happened once in 8 games but it was the last game and lost me the match and thus the tourney.

The only time i have ever lost points on a Daemon Prince ever is when he broke from combat in the last turn of the game with the bsb in range (thus a re-roll). Lost that match too. (500+ points broken at the end of the game + general, sigh)

My point is that if something can happen it will happen sometime and that time may very well cost you a match. dapredator66 is correct in saying that the chance of seeing a terror causer in 1k points is low, if you want to guarantee you will pass the test take slaanesh.
    Last edited by null_sheen; February 15th, 2010 at 08:46. Reason: speeling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by null_sheen View Post
    Lost a tourney once failing a stupidity test on my ogre tyrant with a re-roll. (mawseeker and jade lion, thats 9 with a re-roll)
    Only happened once in 8 games but it was the last game and lost me the match and thus the tourney.

The only time i have ever lost points on a Daemon Prince ever is when he broke from combat in the last turn of the game with the bsb in range (thus a re-roll). Lost that match too. (500+ points broken at the end of the game + general, sigh)

My point is that if something can happen it will happen sometime and that time may very well cost you a match. dapredator66 is correct in saying that the chance of seeing a terror causer in 1k points is low, if you want to guarantee you will pass the test take slaanesh.

Same experiences here to. I had knights failed a panic test on turn1 and fled off the table (was not playing first and the unit contained a hero). If you are afraid of Murphy's law take Slaanesh.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

I once blew two LD10 checks in the same turn, sending most of my army off the board.

It isn't likely, but as others have posted, it can happen. For Chaos Knights, I'd go with the Mark of Slaanesh, although it might not be bad to take the musician as well, otherwise if you and your opponent tie for combat resolution, and he has a musician, you'll lose the combat.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sry to jump in like this, but what seperates a Standard bearer from a musician? And would slaanesh and musician even do anything? Because I was considering running a full command slaanesh knight unit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

It's in the basic rulebook. If you haven't read that, I'd start there before trying to put a list together. To answer your question, the standard bearer gives you +1 to your combat resolution (as if you did one more wound to the enemy), and the musician allows you to win ties in close combat and also gives you +1 to checks to regroup after falling back.

Musicians help in units that are immune to psychology because they help in close combat, and if you're broken in close combat. I'd say they're still worth it. In general, I give a musician to every unit that can take one, but only standards to units that have a good chance of winning close combat (since captured enemy standards award your opponent 100 points each).
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OOO ok, thanks! Gota read the rulebook, too bad its so expensive tho

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

This is possibly the most powerfull knight build in the entire game:

- 5 ( or more ) knights
    - mark of nurgle
    - standard bearer carrying the banner of rage

They are hard to shoot at and hit in close combat, they have 15 (!) ws5 str5 attacks, 10 (!) ws3 str4 attacks ( this will pulverize anything, even big chunky blocks charged from the front ) and they are frenzied so they are immune to psychology.
    Just pure and epic pain.

So to answer the original question, I´d rather take the banner of rage than the mark of slaanesh, because you get a big fat load of attacks and become immune to psychology all together. Maybe add a musician to make any rally a bit easier.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast