Need help putting together 1,000 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help putting together 1,000 points

So far I've purhased the following, and have yet to put most of it together because I'm not certain what options to take. I'm looking to build (hopefully) 1000 points from these, but failing that 750 would be fine too.

10 Knights
    12 Warriors
    20 Marauders

I'm particularly unsure about what marks to give (both Slan and Nurgle look so good), and I'm not sure whats the best way to equip the marauders...I was thinking of just flails without armor or shields to keep them cheap, but adding both would significantly increase their survivability and price.

I'm uncertain about the Hero choice, but I could always just walk out and grab either a Sorceror or Champion model, depending on how the list turns out.

I'll mainly face HE, DE and O&G. Terribly sorry for the trouble, hope you guys can help, thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm playing against Lizards/O&G/Vampires, but this is the 1000 I'm playing:

10x Marauders of Khorne with GW
    10x Marauders of Khorne with GW
    5x Warhounds w/ scaly
    5x Warhounds w/ scaly
    5x Chaos Knights of Nurgle with Blasted Standard
    Level 2 Sorc of Tzeentch w/ disc and puppet
    Level 2 Sorc of Tzeentch w/ disc and power familiar

Lots of magic, knights are always good, and warhounds to screen for the marauders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best way to equip Marauders is to give them Slaanesh, light armour, shields and fc. You would want at least 20 in that unit, later on aim for ~25.

Knights + Nurgle = Win. Since you'll be facing O&G Nurgle is a wonderful choice. Imagine all his mean Orc Boys hitting you on 5's. I think HE and DE has a high standard on Weapon Skill so all his WS6 units will hit you on standard 4's instead. And of course, Nurgle is amazing against all these armies since all of them can use bolt throwers, which will hit on -1. Go with Nurgle on Knights.

I say Nurgle or Slaanesh on Warriors. Nurgle gives the same bonuses for Warriors and Knights, but Slaanesh is cheaper.

As for characters, grab a sorcerer and put him on a disc, it's always worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my suggestion would be to buy the lord on disk model, he can play both the role of a sorcerer or a combat warrior, if you're looking at less magic and one or more bolt throwers, you can run the same list i ran against my brother's great cannon empire list,

Exalted = 204
    Armour of Morisleb
    Talsiman of Protection
    Disk
    MoT
    Flail

2+ ward save, and will be in combat with the bolt thrower on turn 2

12 warriors of chaos = 222
    shields
    MoN

15 marauders = 85
    MoS
    Great weapons

5 warhounds (screen)

5 Knights = 230
    MoN

5 knights = 230
    MoN

This is a solid list (If i do say so myself ) against HE and DE the exalted MUST kill the bolt throwers, they will spell the doom of both your knights and warriors, engage the knights with the elites/ knights of thier army, the warriors can munch on orc & gobbos, but definetly get them up the battle line quickly against the elves, otherwise you'll get shot to pieces, and once the bolt throwers are dead, run the exalted into the enemy hero, and let chaos reign!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by dandaman; March 5th, 2010 at 14:06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by dandaman View Post

Exalted = 204
    Armour of Morisleb
    Talsiman of Protection
    Disk
    MoT
    Flail

2+ ward save, and will be in combat with the bolt thrower on turn 2

that doesn't work........ wardsaves dont stack, the only exception is tzeentch upping wardsaves by one.
    2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Zevanna View Post
    I'm uncertain about the Hero choice, but I could always just walk out and grab either a Sorceror or Champion model, depending on how the list turns out.
    You can make a mounted exalted out of one of the knights (if you have a spare one). Put a big rock on the base to make him standout from the other knights.

Other suggestions, as ideas flies through my head:
    - Warriors: 1 unit of 12, shields, Mark of Slaanesh (Nurgle if shooting becomes a problem), full command (put the hero inside this unit if you can).
    - Marauders: 1 unit of 20 with light armour, shield, mark of slaanesh, full command (ideally think about reaching as close to 25). If you want throw away units to bother your opponent: 2 units of 10 with flails (nothing else).
    - Knights: mark of Nurgle is nice against shooting. If you only take one unit I suggest using Blasted Banner + mark of Tzeentch since they will be no.1 in your opponent shooting priority list.
    - Think about adding one or two unit 5 warhounds. They always have their place in any WoC list.

+ Reply to Thread