Need help putting together 2250 point army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help putting together 2250 point army

Hey guys, what do you think of this army list? Looking to submit it in an upcoming tourney...

[IMG]file:///Users/emotter/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/emotter/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]Chaos Army List Points
    Sorcerer Lord 235
    Level 4 35
    Mark of Tzeentch 25
    Power Familiar 25
    Axe of Khorne 45
    Golden Eye of Tzeentch 20
    Daemonic Mount 50

Chaos Sorcerer 85
    Level 2 35
    Book of Secrets 25
    Conjoined Homunculus 20
    Spell Familiar 15
    Biting Blade 5

Chaos Knights 200
    Mark of Slaanesh 10
    Standard Bearer 20
    Champion 20
    Musician 10

Chaos Knights 200
    Mark of Slaanesh 10
    Standard Bearer 20
    Champion 20
    Musician 10

Chaos Marauders 80
    Mark of Khorne 30
    Flails 20
    Chieftain 8

Chaos Marauders 80
    Mark of Khorne 30
    Flails 20
    Chieftain 8

Chaos Marauders 80
    Mark of Khorne 30
    Flails 20
    Chieftain 8

Chaos Warriors 300
    Mark of Nurgle 30
    Standard Bearer 12
    Musician 6

Chaos Warriors 300
    Mark of Nurgle 30
    Standard Bearer 12
    Musician 6

Total 2250

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

It looks pretty standard, but depending on what army you are fighting you might be in trouble. A lot of players on this forum like to go with more cavalry than infantry to try to get their charges off first and avoid a long march across the board getting smacked by shooting. First off I would recommend taking a disc for your general. Having a powerful sorcerer that can be almost anywhere on the table is a great asset.Second I would invest in some Hounds to protect your troops, they are cheap and expendable and work great at shielding. You may also consider some dragon ogres, they are strong, quick, and pack one hell of a punch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about the hero build?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My $0.02 worth:

- Don't bother trying to turn your caster Lord into a combat guy. He needs to be out of combat throwing out as many spells as possible. Give him a barded steed instead of a daemonic mount. It's half the price, less frontage, and a better armour save. Ditch the expensive weapon.

- I assume (perhaps incorrectly) that the setup for the mini-mage (homunculus + spell familiar) is geared towards potentially getting a second Gateway off. I've toyed with this idea before with a non-Lord magic missile list, but the chances of doing it successfully are real slim. I would give the Lord mage the spell familiar to create more certainty that he will actually get Gateway, as he is far more likely to successfully cast it. Leave the mini-mage to casting Flickering Fire with reliability.

- Slaanesh Knights are great, and a standard is useful for squeezing more CR out of your combats. Every little bit helps. This setup is particularly effective when combined with the Warbanner, or a hosted BSB with Warbanner. I would ditch the champion and muso, though. If you are getting into combats where you need a trumpet-blast to break a tie, then you are in the wrong combat. Likewise, they are not going to need rallying from failed Terror tests. The champion is just plain expensive. 20 pts for one extra attack and the guy HAS to challenge? No thanks.

- I like the multiple units of Khorne flails, but I would ditch one of them for a Slaanesh HW+S mage bunker. You don't want your mages bunkering in a frenzied unit. I would also ditch the champions. Unnecessary, and they HAVE to challenge.

- I would ditch one of the Chaos Warrior units for another L2 Tzeentch guy so that you can squeeze off another Flickering Fire. Maybe even consider replacing them with 2 L1 mages, both there simply for casting Flickering Fire. It's a good idea to think of the WoC magic phase as our shooting phase. Use it to get rid of all the annoying diverters/marchblockers so that our quality troops can get into combat. Lots of Flickering Fires achieves this nicely.

- Consider a Khorne Chariot to support your infantry blocks. For 150pts, they are a steal, and they hit like a ton of bricks. You can sit them in between infantry blocks and, because they are frenzied and declare charges after everyone else, you can use them to add significant punch to other successful charges.

As it stands, you only have two units of hitters above M4, both of which can be wiped out very quickly by Lore of Metal, or the myriad other nasties in the game which ignore armour saves.

Hope this has been helpful. Just my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the foundation of this list as it has a bit of everything.

With some of the changes suggested here it'll be better.. especially the warhounds. Your Footsloggers need some protection from shooting.

Aside from all that.. your Maurader units will work better in units of 25 and the chaos warriors work much better in units of 12.

This will give you not only more units, but more flexibility and will free up points for your warhounds.
    Last edited by scorpio7777; March 19th, 2010 at 16:00.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he should try put in a warshrine with make of tzeentch ( makes him 3+ ward save ). with all those infantry blocks i think it would be rly fun to use the warshrine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revised list

[IMG]file:///Users/emotter/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/emotter/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-3.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/emotter/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-4.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/emotter/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-5.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/emotter/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-6.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/emotter/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-7.png[/IMG]Chaos Army List Points
    Sorcerer Lord 235
    Level 4 35
    Mark of Tzeentch 25
    Power Familiar 25
    Golden Eye of Tzeentch 20
    Crown of Everlasting Conquest 50
    Disc of Tzeentch 20

Chaos Sorcerer 85
    Mark of Tzeentch 25
    Skull of Katam 50
    Disc of Tzeentch 20

Chaos Sorcerer 85
    Mark of Tzeentch 25

Chaos Knights 200
    Mark of Slaanesh 10
    Standard Bearer 20

Chaos Knights 200
    Mark of Slaanesh 10
    Standard Bearer 20

Chaos Marauders 80
    Mark of Khorne 30
    Flails 20

Chaos Marauders 80
    Mark of Khorne 30
    Flails 20

Chaos Marauders 80
    Mark of Khorne 30
    Flails 20

Chaos Warriors 300
    Mark of Nurgle 30
    Standard Bearer 12
    Musician 6

Chaos Warriors 300
    Mark of Nurgle 30
    Standard Bearer 12
    Musician 6

Total 2246

Still thinking about the warhounds. What about using a giant as a rare choice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen people have some pretty good success with Slaanesh-marked giants. They're pretty much your typical giant...have some good points and some bad...except that the ASF can really swing some combats. Particularly hilarious is when the ASF giant Yells and Bawls...combat ends, I win by 2, nothing you can do about it. Good times. Costs a bit more, but it's how I'd run a giant if I took one. Not sure I'd take one...always been kinda iffy on giants, but if you test one out, see how you like him with MoS.

+ Reply to Thread