Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
So, i've been looking for A secondary Fantasy army for a while, and finally think i've decided on WoC. But first I have several questions to ask any WoC players reading this:
1. I like the versatility and low points cost of Marauders and thier Horesemen counterparts, but the models are uglier than sin. Does anyone know where I could find better looking models that are of appropriate scale... even if I have to spend a little bit extra for them? was thinking something more Viking-esque...
2. Does anyone know if/when the rest of the WoC model range is being updated? ie. Dragon Ogres, warshrines, chariots?
3. Why do I keep hearing about the uselessness of the Daemon Prince? Has anyone ever taken a DP specifically to use the Lore of Heavens (I plan on doing this)? If not, then what are his uses?
4. Has anyone had great success using the Third Eye of Tzeentch with your Sorcerors/Lords?
5. Would taking Forsaken in a mostly footslogging army be viable,thier speed seems to be a great asset. why do I never see any in anybody's lists? And why do I seldom see Chosen... the options and combos available to them seem literally endless.
6. would anybody have any problems with me mounting my Marauders and/or knights on the Dark Elf Cold One models. My Chaos army would inhabit the Iron Mountains in Nagaroth, just above Hag graef, raiding from the Chaos wastes above, and often taking Cold Ones as mounts.
Lastly, I intend to write up and post 2-3, 2000-3000pt lists while I travel with my family out of country (to pass the time). I will post these lists in the forums. Also I intend to write a detailed fluff background for my core Chaos army to give it a bit of flavour and make it more to my liking. will post the fluff as well.
thanks everybody for reading, looking forward to your replies.
Looking for some Viking-looking 28mm minis? Check out Wargames Factory and their new Viking line.
Wargames Factory LLC - Hard Plastic 28mm 1/56 Scale Model Figures for Wargaming
I got some to use as mauraders as well and they are really good! Just need to make some square bases (easy to do), but I did have some squeals from opponents at the shop with them not being GW models, so I used the current mauraders and put the warriors heads on them and they look MUCH better.
Good luck and welcome to WHF
1. You don't like the Marauder Horsemen models???? I can't help you here, man. I think they're one of the best recent sculpts. I used all of the spare heads from the Horsemen sprues for my foot Marauders, coz I like them so much.
2. Not sure. I converted my own Drogres using Ironguts, the lower half of the Drogre models, and lots of green stuff to bulk up the weedy dragon body. They look freaking awesome, didn't take too much effort, and I use them much more frequently now that I'm not embarrassed about the models. Likewise, I converted my own Warshrine using a Corpse Cart, Marauder Horse banners, Chaos Steeds from the Knights, and a pile of skulls-and-gore from the Hellcannon.
3. IMHO, the optimum build for the DP is Tzeentch, Level 4, Tendrils, and Fury. Heavens could work, though. It's just that the Mark of Tzeentch gives him a very healthy 4+ Ward, which is hard to pass on.
4. Yep, occasionally. It's very VERY situational, but can come in handy. Not my favourite item, though.
5. I just don't know what to use them for. It's like they were intended to be Skirmishers, but they forgot to add the rule. The WoC Specials list just contains other options which are so so much better.
6. Nope. Go for it. Sounds like a cool idea.