WoC vs DE - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WoC vs DE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WoC vs DE

How do you beat the lord with Pendant of Khaeleth and Armour of Eternal Servitude (basically, 2+ ward save and 4+ regeneration save) on a Pegasus or Dragon?

Last edited by cheerio; March 22nd, 2010 at 01:59.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Hellcannon, Giant, Gateway, or static combat res if it's on a dragon; if it's not then just ignore it. Also, against spells like steal soul and magnificent buboes, the only save the dreadlord has available is the regen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

buboes, panic tests, bloodcurdling roar, static combat res, charge with marauder horsemen with MoK and Flails, direct all attacks at the rider.
    2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't agree.

If I were you I'd slay his dragon first, for the victory points.
    Then I'd stay in a challenge with my general till his dies. Having that kind of defenses, the dreadlord won't have much offense, so shouldn't be too hard to beat.or else, kill his dragon and attack him with str3 marauders lol his ward save will go up 5+. and he ll probably break due to SCR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because I wasn't prepared for it I tried to attack his mount, but he told me that you couldn't do that in challenges. There was no ruling on it in the challenges section, does anyone have a page number?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cheerio View Post
    Because I wasn't prepared for it I tried to attack his mount, but he told me that you couldn't do that in challenges. There was no ruling on it in the challenges section, does anyone have a page number?
    You can direct attacks at his mount but say so before you roll. Of course you can !

The only thing that the rulebook states is that IF the character mounted on the monster is slain then the challenge is over.
    But it doesn't stop you from slaying his monster mount first. There you go !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

killing the dragon is harder, if you can kill the general, the dragon may become useless. Typically we don't have much to kill something like this, other than getting lucky on gateway or something.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Other way around ayliffe. Killing the dragon is actually easier here. Kill the dragon, break the rider with rez. Buboes also randomizes as shooting against the model, so only 1/3 of the buboes you do with hit the rider. You got about a 50% chance to put 1 wound on the rider with an average bloodcurdling roar, so that's an nice option. Chase him around with a flier and you should do some damage.

That combo is basically why DE's are broken, because its so hard to beat and generally, you don't beat it, it beats you. But I'd always target the dragon.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

Ya i don't know what i was thinking, CR didn't even occur to me when i posted that... i blame early morning syndrome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I battle him again I'll try, but if he still does not agree I thought about this...

Chaos Lord - Tzeentch, Blasphemous Amulet, Father of Blades, Armour of Morrslieb, Word of Agony, Dragon

Is it viable?

+ Reply to Thread