Help building a 2,000 point fluff-restricted list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

Help building a 2,000 point fluff-restricted list

Hi All,

I have been given a challenge by my local gaming circle:

To create a 2,000 point list using only a limited set of highly restricted units, staying close to the fluff as possible, but being reasonably competitive...or at least not crippled in normal club-level play. I play Dwarfs, so my Chaos experience isn't all there, so I'm tapping the forum for some help.

The eventual player of this list has come up with a story about a roving Khornate cult. There are more details, but I can't remember them offhand.

The bottom line, though is that only the following units may be used and where a unit can be marked by Khorne it should be:
    - Khornate Lord on Juggernaut
    - Other miscellaneous Khornate Exalted
    - Warriors
    - Chosen
    - Knights
    - Marauders (mounted or on foot)
    - Warhounds
    - Warshrine

The limitations I seem to be running up against are that the lists ususally end up being very small, and significantly slow. Any test list I try ends up being shot to bits. I was thinking of a Banner of the Gods list to take care of the Psychology.

Quite a pickle, eh? What do you Chaos Lords and Ladies think?

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your in luck for the marauder horseman, because mark them khorne and give them flails and you've got some nasty cruise missiles, also, with practice, khorne knights screened by hounds can be devastating, but again, it takes quite a bit of practice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All cavalry, also so much horsmen, knights and hounds you can carry, two undivided scroll caddies (or none) and some heroes on juggernaut. Slow units leave at home. It is my basic advice, because it is imo the only ay, how you can play non-magic frenzy army.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

3 units of cruise missiles (horsemen, flails, MoK) + 4 units of warhounds for core (more than usual as everything else will be frenzied)
    2 (3 if you can fit it) units of MoK knights for special
    khorne lord on jugger with father of blades/armour of damnation combo * word of agony
    exalted on steed/jugger with collar of khorne + flail or sword of might (you need the MR as you'll have no scroll caddies)
    BSB on jugger/steed with axe of khorne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

Thanks for the help, fellows. So, there's no way that any units on foot are viable? I would have assumed that, since all the fast units will be running interference, the slow units can catch up and mop up where necessary.

I ask specifically for the Warshrine, because that's sort of the army's centerpiece. My friend converted a pretty nice one up and wants to use it. If the rest of the army is going to immediately leave it in the dust, though...

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

+ Reply to Thread