Lord Kholek Suneater (605pts) ?!? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lord Kholek Suneater (605pts) ?!?

Hi,

Since I´m new on WoC army, I have been reading a lot (lists, topics of the week, etc) and I couldn´t find many lists using the lord Kholek. I think it is a cool model, I would like to use it but does it worth in a 2,250 pt game ? Is there any standard special list / protection needed for this expensive character.

Thanks in advance for your comments,

Kaznak.

Last edited by Kaznak; March 26th, 2010 at 16:59. Reason: Speling

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

I think the majority of people don't play special characters, that's why no lists have him.

Beyond that, he is epically good. Remember his weapon just says all wounds he does get turned into D3, so his lightning attacks do D3 wounds too. He lights up large targets and well everything else too. People like to combo him with Throgg and some trolls and such.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

King of France techmarine Rannon Zriker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because he's a big waste of 600pts.
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by techmarine Rannon Zriker View Post
    Because he's a big waste of 600pts.
    hes not a waste of 600 points at all, in fact hes a goddamn steal at 600 points. he's one of the most broken characters in the game, but what can you expect from a shaggoth special character.
    2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkus View Post
    I think the majority of people don't play special characters, that's why no lists have him.

Beyond that, he is epically good. Remember his weapon just says all wounds he does get turned into D3, so his lightning attacks do D3 wounds too. He lights up large targets and well everything else too. People like to combo him with Throgg and some trolls and such.
    While the FAQ's are by no means official rules changes, and i personally disagree with some of the clarifications (assassins popping chariots? ridiculous) I would caution anyone playing strictly RAW, when the designers have explicityly stated that Herald of the Tempest does not benefit from Starcrushers' special rule, is an invitation to an argument and opens up a huge can of worms concerning the interpretations in every FAQ. It's a good way to lose opponents, IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If someone tried to play that Kholek's lightning attacks caused d3 wounds too, I'd rabbit punch them in the aesophagus.

That aside, he is trule awesome, unless the opponent has access to Pit of Shades.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

I've thought of running an "Army of the Ancients" before, with Kholek, Throgg, some trolls for core, and then nothing but Dragon Ogres and Shaggoths, and maybe a L3 Daemon Prince as mild magic defense. The army would run upwards of 3000pts, be hideously expensive, and probably get rolled in any game I played with anyone dumb enough to play 3k. So... I've backed down.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Kolek is indeed a nasty character to face. But at his cost he will be hard pressed to make his points even in large games. He really is only effective if your opponant is taking lots of monsters as the Starcrusher then becomes usefull. I have the same problem when I take my High Elves led by a prince with a starlance on a star dragon, I have to make sure he gets his points back.

JvK
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really not sure why so many people feel that units/monsters/characters need to "make their points" in any game.

They don't need to kill their own value in points in order to be worthwile. They just need to do SOME damage and deny the enemy their own points value.

If Kholek killed a 200pt unit of infantry, and didn't lose half wounds or die, I'd certainly consider his contribution to have been worthwile...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_Roark View Post
    I'm really not sure why so many people feel that units/monsters/characters need to "make their points" in any game.

They don't need to kill their own value in points in order to be worthwile. They just need to do SOME damage and deny the enemy their own points value.

If Kholek killed a 200pt unit of infantry, and didn't lose half wounds or die, I'd certainly consider his contribution to have been worthwile...
    Agreed. People seem to forget if all you do is kill 300 points of your opponent's army (in a 2000+ game) without losing anything of your own, you've just won. Kholek isn't insane just because of his close combat and shooting abilities, he's insane because he has all that and better survivability than anything else in the game barring a Great Unclean One.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast