WOC tactics vs Empire Gunline - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOC tactics vs Empire Gunline

So I played aganist this empire player for the 2 time yesterday and was crushed. He had two cannons, a volley gun, level 4 and level 2 with metal lore, 2 units of 10 flaggenlants, brick of swordsmen with griffon banner, block of greatswords, 2 units of 5 knights and detachements.

Last game I tried to stay away from the cannons and refused flanked him but he shot me from across the board. This time I tried to rush him with everything up the middle but they were shot to pieces inches from his lines.

Not sure what to try next, here is my list below, it works fine aganist many armies but I can not figure out how to beat empire with it. Also in my last two games I miscast with my level 4 7 times doing gateway, getting irresitable off only twice and not doing much.

WOC 2250

Sorcerer Lord – level 4, mark of tzeentch, Talisman of Protection, spell familiar – 320

Chaos Sorcerer – level 2, mark of tzeentch, book of secrets– 165

Chaos Sorcerer – level 2, Infernal Puppet, Mark of Nurgle– 175

Exalted hero, mark of tzeentch, disc, flail – 144

5 Chaos Warhounds – 30

5 Choas Warhounds – 30

5 Choas Warhounds - 30

10 Chaos Warriors – shields, halberds, banner , musician MOS – 198

10 Chaos Warriors – shields, halberds, banner, musican MOS– 198

15 Chaos Maraduers – MOS, light armor, shields - 100

15 Choas Maraduers – MOS, light armor , shields, musician - 104

Maruder Horsemen – shields, flails, MOS - 90

Marauder Horsemen – shields, flails, MOS – 90

Chaos Chariot - 120

Chaos Chariot – 120

Giant -225

Spawn – 55

Spawn -55

Last edited by Mooseman008; March 28th, 2010 at 15:00.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorcerer Lord – level 4, mark of tzeentch, Talisman of Protection, spell familiar – 320

Chaos Sorcerer – level 2, mark of tzeentch, book of secrets– 165

Chaos Sorcerer – level 2, Infernal Puppet, Mark of Nurgle– 175

Pretty standard builds, all fine, maybe give the lord the golden eye for a 3+ ward save

Exalted hero, mark of tzeentch, disc, flail – 144

Armour of Morisleb on this guy, 3+ ward save means he can get in the grill of a cannon turn 1 and crush it turn 2

5 Chaos Warhounds – 30

5 Choas Warhounds – 30

5 Choas Warhounds - 30

All fine

10 Chaos Warriors – shields, halberds, banner , musician MOS – 198

10 Chaos Warriors – shields, halberds, banner, musican MOS– 198

15 Chaos Maraduers – MOS, light armor, shields - 100

15 Choas Maraduers – MOS, light armor , shields, musician - 104

2-3 units of knights might suit you better than these, drop the warriors, the marauders without the musician, the giant, and maybe one spawn: getting into combat in turn 2 is far more effective than these will be against static shooting, mark them nurgle, (pistoliers and outriders will be the bane of anything frenzied

Maruder Horsemen – shields, flails, MOS - 90

Marauder Horsemen – shields, flails, MOS – 90

Shields are pretty useless, particularly since you have flails you can't use your shields

Chaos Chariot - 120

Chaos Chariot – 120

Pretty useless against empire, too many cannoms to be succesful

Giant -225

Spawn – 55

Spawn -55
    Your list is solid but your speed is subject, give them 1-2 turns to shoot, as opposed to 3-4, and use that exalted to good use, should have cannon crews cowering in fear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

A) run a faster list, this list is way too slow.

B) Run the dogs in front of the cannons so they can't see key units.

C) get some ****ing knights.

D) Golden Eye or Armour of Morrsleib on an Exalted on a Disc with sword of battle = dead as **** cannons.
    2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x1)

Althought having a faster army could help you. I don't think that's the main problem of your list. My general comment would be that almost all of your unit lack resilience. As for other specific comments, I'll try to enhance your list without breaking it apart...

1) I'm sorry to say that Giant and chariots are probably the worst choice possible against an empire gunline. Drop them. If you want a big nasty unit use the hellcanon, it's the more durable option.
    2) 2x 15 Marauders doesn't cut it. Put one unit of 30 with full command and light armour/shield.
    3) 10 warriors are a way to small unit. If you plan to use warriors at the core of your force, use them in unit of 14. That way you'll have 2 extra warriors before the opponent gets to break your 2x6 formation (more if you add heroes).
    4) Warhounds are good, but 2 units should be enough.
    5) You could get away with just one unit of marauder horsemen. Use light armour, not shield.
    6) Use at least one unit of knight. If you plan on using only one unit you definitevely need MoT and Blasted Standard.
    7) To many points stuck in magic. You probably can do the same job with 1lvl4 and 1lvl2 but honestly magic against the empire is not extremely effective if he starts using a lot of warrior priest.
    8 ) Don't be afraid to switch to a more combat oriented selection of heroes. As for the Van Horstmen Speculum, not a danger as long as you run your hero inside units with a champion. You just challenge with the champion or accept with him. If he takes a war altar, expect the Van Horstmen Speculum on it and use combat resolution or something like an hellcanon (giant if he survives all the shooting ) against it.

My list could go on and on, but I'll stop here and wait to see what direction you want to take with your army list.
    Last edited by dapredator66; March 29th, 2010 at 06:28.