Tactica: Unmarked Sorcerer what Lore v What Army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

Tactica: Unmarked Sorcerer what Lore v What Army?

Ok First, This is not a debate on if having a marked or unmarked Sorcerer is best to have but what lore would you choose against what army if you had a Unmarked Sorcerer?

So a lvl 4 get the following lore:
    Death, Fire, Heavens, Shadow

The Armies:
    Beastmen, Brets, Chaos Dwarves, Dark Elves, Dogs of War, Daemons, Dwarves, Empire, High Elves, Lizardmen, Ogres, Orcs and Goblins, Skaven, Tomb Kings, Vampire Counts Warriors of Chaos and Wood Elves.

Please explain what you would take and why.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

ok let me just say i hope you knew that you were in for some lengthy posts on this thread.

im now going to divulge my OPINION on which lore is best vs each of te armies you listed and why.

1. Beastmen: vs beastmen i would take the lore of death, beast man leadership is already poor and with a lore that focuses on psychology, what could be better? Dark hand of death os always useful for picking on small skirmishing units, steal soul can be used to pick out unit champions or shaman's in units, shades of death can almost grant immunity from gor blocks charging you, not to mention how nasty terror causing knights can be, especially if at the same time you can cast doom and darkness, say hello to ld4

2. Brettonians: vs brets i would def be taking heavens, you may thinks thats odd, but D3 rerolls never goes amis, rerolling 1's can help you so much more in a fight when your hitting on 3's and wounding on 3's, meaning half your failed rolls can be rerolled, a 4+ ward save can really help warriors or knights vs pesky trebuchets, and uranons thunderbolt is a Godly spell vs brets because it ignores thier armor, and is only str 4 so no 5+ ward save for them

3. Chaos Dwarves: now they can be a tricky one, but when in doubt, fight fire with fire, just use the brutality of multiple direct damage spells to whittle down the numbers of them so your lower number of superior troops can now take them in combat without getting swamped.

4.Dark elves: Usually i would say take fire, sit back and hope for no ring of hotek, there isnt much you can do about that, and atleast fire can hit pesky things like assassins several times if your first attempt is dispelled, however if i see 2 hydra's taking to the field i will take shadow, to keep my units not so worried about terror, and if you can pit of shades one, its chances of living are pretty slim.

5.Dogs of War: there are way too many ways to play dogs of war for me to give a specific lore vs them in general, i would probably go with fire for the damage, however if it was cavalry heavy i would go heavens for some nice range, shooting defence and thunderbolt

6.Daemons: Fire, always fire, almost no exceptions, hit them with asmany spells as you can before they get to you. only exception would be vs all Tzeentch i would say take heavens, but they are going to get close enough to get in flikering fire range anyway, the extra range of forked lightning and comet are kinda pointless.

7.Dwarves: vs dwarves take heavens, usually more war machines, and these ones wont go mentall and run towards you, so the range of heavens spells, combined with the protection spells the lore offers, add in a comet or 2 and bobs your uncle.

8.Empire: again lots of different empire builds, not death would probably be my reckomendation, otherwise it depends way too much on what you have to fight, i would most likely take fire, just because you can always do something with it.

9.High elves: Not Fire. Heavens is a good un, with high elves they have alot that can stop direct spells, so spells that augment you are golden, heavens or shadow, cast spells that affect your troops instead of thiers.

10.Lizardmen: Lizardmen are a very direct army, not massivly affected by psycology due to cold blooded, fire is prbably your best bet, just engulf them in flames until they are weak enough to charge.

11.Ogres: hehehe ogres, anything will really do, your playing ogres, 9times out of 10 you have already won, and most spells from most lores can help you here, poor leadership, poor armour, average toughness, low int, hit ogres, and ogres die, just dont let them hit you as much and you will be fine.

12.Greenskins: Shadow or death, mess with thier heads, and take advantage of poor int for pit of shades where you can, keep a distance until the unit is basically already broken, alternatly you can use death and lower the poor leadership even further and get large blocks of boys to simply run away after a few casualties, always fun.

13.Skaven: I wouldnt suggest heavens here, get stuck in with skaven, quick strong close range spells, so any of the other three, and poor ld is easliy taken advantage of

14.Tomb Kings: Do you know what flammable means? it means weak vs fire, so for tomb kings take fire, just makre sure you kill the entire unit before you target another one.

15. Vampire counts: Same theory, psycology doesnt matter, a few damaging spells dont matter, and any units that come in small ammounts have high int, so hit them with fire, then more fire.

16.Warriors of Chaos: Shadow can always be a winner, most chaos units fall easy victim to psycology, and you already are at a mild disadvantage by not being marked, so take advantage or more versitile casting, and bring your differnt lore to bear fully upon your foe, fire is also an option.

17. Wood elves: Last but not least, you can probably guess which lore i recomend? yes its fire, an army of sneamy skirmishers and tree people? Burn them!! Easiest Fastest and cheapest way to do it

so there we are, thats my opinion on what lore i would take for each army in the game and a few words on why.
    Fantasy : Empire, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Daemons, Vampire Counts, Beastmen, High Elves, Lizardmen( but i have opinions on every army just not the money)
    40k: Black Templars, Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, Tau (thinking of Eldar)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

56 (x1)

Nice collins i have some different preferences to you

Beastmen: Shadow. Death and Shadow. The two psychology spells. Shadow is for lurker for the movement and Pit for the monsters.

Brets: Heavens have to agree here. Re-Rolls, ward saves, spell that ignores armor, and if they want to castle up for whatever reason comet can convince them otherwise. Shadow is good also Creeping death no armor saves, I 3 is still a 50% chance for Pit, Movement is always good and brets are subject to psychology so Shades of Death has its place.

Chaos Dwarves: Heavens again for the same reasons as brets.

Dark Elves: Heavens again, mainly for the comet this time. If you are outside the rings 12" they cant stop it (in ring lists). Maybe fire if i see double hydra.

Dogs of War: Really any of the lores work well against these guys.

Daemons: Yep Fire especially against nurgle (but pit will kill more plague bearers)

Dwarves: Heavens, for the same reason as brets.

Empire: Shadow of death here, use that psychology against them.

High Elves: Death for me. While they have counters they are not seen that often. If they have spent on magic counters then they will have a hard time dealing with psychology. Low casting costs help against drain magic also.

Lizardmen: Shadow all the way. Pit that slann, Pit the saurus blocks, crown the skinks, swarm the cold ones.

Ogres: Fire Ogres hate missiles, their main defense is regeneration cancel the spell or go past the MR2. Death is also good.

Orcs and Goblins: Shadow or Death for the same reasons as empire.

Skaven. If i see a HPA then Fire. If not death i dont believe heavens or shadow is as useful here

Tomb Kings: Fire or Shadow if there are a number of flamable then fire otherwise shadow. They want to use movement to their advantage, use movement to yours. Pit of shades can kill huge amounts of skeletons.

Vampire Counts: Regen banner or vargulfs? Fire otherwise, Shadow for the same reasons as TK. Heavens can be useful if you see blood knights or black knights.

Warriors of Chaos: Heavens rerolls for the edge in combat, ward saves, anti armour spell ect.

Wood Elves: Fire or Shadow. I just love pitting Treemen Watching them burn can be fun too. Fire probably has the edge here as WE have missiles.
    Last edited by null_sheen; April 16th, 2010 at 14:53.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one mentioned the lore of metal .. ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

we dont get lore of metal....