How to combat vampire counts to magic or not? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

How to combat vampire counts to magic or not?

I have a battle against vampire counts coming up on wednesday and was wondering what people thought of going magic heavy. I play a relatively slow army as it is mostly warriors so thought this might do ok as I could neutralise their magic if I was able to get off pandeamonium etc..

Any other advice against VC is also welcome..

A

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

If you don't mind tailoring your list, might I suggest putting the mark of Slannesh on your units, immune to fear and terror nerfs them badly.
    If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Vampire Magic isn't greatly hurty. The main problem with their spells is the healing and moving of units. Against the healing of units there isn't alot you can do. They will have so many power dice that some will get through and repair damage. The only thing you can really do is trust your Warriros to kill them quicker than he can raise them. As for the movement/hurty spells, a wizard with a few Scrolls can protect you from the worst of it.

Other handy trcks are, being immune to Fear (slaanesh) or taking units that are fear causing themselves. Ogres are perfect as their relatively Low WS is still higer than most Undead so hitting on 3's these power houses can come into their own.

Other than that, kill their Vampires as quickly as you can. They're quite hard but our Characters are better.

(Un)Official LO Map Maker Cannibal God's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    162 (x3)

Pretty much everything Lord Borak said...

You could buy heaps of dispel scrolls/staff of sorcery/other dispelling magic items to combat his magic capabilities or don't bother, let his magic through and use your points for combat prowess to kill off faster than he can raise. I'd find a balance of the two, sorcerer with 2 dispel scrolls(don't bother upgrading to level 2, you only want the dispel dice). Buy a character-killing lord or exalted hero (i don't know what points you're looking at for your game) and kit him out to kill off his vampires. Without the vampires, his army will fall so fast...
    If someone helps you, rep them.
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

I found, much to my surprise, that blocks of chaos warrrios with MoS works pretty well, backed up by knights and some heavy magic. That being said, the player was new to Vamps, having only played against them before, so might not be so good against a more experienced player. That being said, he's got a hard time of killing of your warriors with shields

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Think I'm gonna go with my standard list which seems to fit all the advice so far. Will post it up in the army list section and link it here when I get a chance.

A

+ Reply to Thread