Welcome to Librarium Online!
Well the new Edition is almost upon us and Rumours are flying around like a Blue Bottle (fly) on speed. So what does this mean for us?
Personally I thought "oh my god, Percentages kill my army!" but now that I've sat and worked it out........they really don't. Infact I'm now looking at the Chaos army in a whole new light and I think they new Edition favours us quite nicely. Striking in Initiative order whoever charges? Our initiative 5 Warriors are rubbing their hands with Glee.
- Also other little things like Hand Weapon and shield giving a 6+ Ward save on Infantry? Does this combine with the Mark of Tzeentch? A 5+ Ward save on Marauders isn't anywhere near bad.
- How about Stream of Corruption? I can't think of anyone who's taken that. Breath weapons are now rumoured to be one use but allow you to use them in combat for 2d6 hits, in addition to your attacks. So a hero can kick out his normal nasty attacks as well as 2d6 str3 -1AS hits.
This is just me rambling after having read the rumours. What about you fellas?
For Ease of reference here's the Magic Items. These are translated from German so the translations might be wrong. The names probably are. If you know the real name say so and I'll change them. Enjoy.
1.Giantsblade-[60 pts] +3 Strength in close combat.
2.Bloodbath Sword - [60 pts] + 3 attacks
3.Obsidianblade - [50 pts] Wounds with this weapon ignore armour saves
4.Ogreblade - [40 pts] +2 Strength in close combat
5.Sword of Quarrel - [40 pts] Bearer gains 2 attacks
6.Duelling Blade- [35 pts] Weapon pair, bearer has weapon skill 10
7.Heroslayer - [30 pts] Bearer gains 1 attack and strength for every character model that is in base contact with him or his unit.
8.Spell-Steal Blade [ 25 pts]If a wizard his wounded with this sword, he will lose one random spell for each wound
9.The Battle's sounding - [20 pts] Bearer gains 1 attack
10.Sword Of might - [20 pts] +1 strength in close combat
11.Beserker Sword - [20 pts] Bearer gains frenzy and can never lose it
12.Golden seal sword - 15 pts] Attacks are done with initiative 10
13.Nimble Blade - [15 pts] Bonus of +1 to hit
14.Tearing Blade -[10 pts] - Attacks are armour piercing
15.Relic sword - [10 pts] - Attacks with this sword wound always on 5+, or better if one would wound normally on a lower score.
16.Screeching Blade - [10 pts] Bearer causes fear
17.Sword of Pain- [5 pts] - Monster or character that loses one or more wounds to this sword, will suffer from stupid
18.Krieger curse - [5 pts] - Monster or character that loses one or more wounds to this sword, will lose one attack (but will keep at least one attack)
19. Armour of Destiny - [50 pts] Heavy armour, 4+ ward save
20. Rouge helm - [50 pts] +1 Armour Save, enemy has to re-roll successful wounds
21. Silver steel armour - [45 pts] Armour save 2+, can not be further improved
22. Armour of fortune - [35 pts] Heavy armour, 5+ ward save
23. Helm of discord - [30 pts] +1 Armorsave, enemy character model has to pass a leadership test, if it fails, it can not attack and will be hit automatically
24. Glittering scale armour - [25 pts] - Light armour, -1 to hit in close combat.
25. Shield of Ptolos - [25 pts] Buckler, 1+ armour save against missile attack
26. Spell shield - [20 pts] Buckler, bearer gains magic resistance (1)
27. Armour of the lucky adventurer [20 pts] Heavy armour, 6+ ward save
28. Dragonhelm - [10 pts] Armour save is better by 1, 2+ ward save against fire attacks
29. Enchanted Shield - [5 pts] Buckler, Armour save is better by 2
30. Luck-bringer shield - [5 pts]Buckler, only one use, first hit will be ignored by 2+
31. Talisman of preservation - [45 pts] Bearer gains 4+ ward save
32. Large Obsidian amulet -[45 pts] Bearer gains magic resistance (3)
33. Talisman of endurance - [30 pts] Bearer gains 5+ ward save
34. Obsidian Amulet - [30 pts] Bearer gains magic resistance (2)
35. Dawn stone - [25 pts] Bearer re-rolls missed armour saves
36. Opal amulet- [15 pts] Only one use, 4+ ward save against first wound
37. Obsidian pendant - [15 pts] Bearer gains magic resistance (1)
38. Talisman of protection - [15 pts] Bearer gains ward save 6+
39. Seeds of rebirth - [10 pts] Bearer gains 6+ regeneration
40. Dragoncurse stone - [5 pts] Bearer gains 2+ ward save against fire attacks
41. Something about flying - [5 pts] Bearer gain 5+ ward save against models with the “flying” rule.
42. Stone of Good Luck - [5 pts]- Only one use, Bearer can re-roll one missed armour save
43. Standard of bloodlust - [55 pts] Unit can re-roll attacks
44. Howling standard [50 pts] Unit causes 'horror' (Not sure if he meant fear or terror)
45. Ranger's banner - [50 pts] Unit gains “terrain knowledge???”(Maybe something along the strider rumors we heard?)
46. Standard blade - [45 pts] Unit gains armour piercing
47. War banner - [35 pts] +1 Combat Resolution
48. The rushing banner -[15 pts] +1 on movement range
49. Bone standard - [15 pts] Magic resistance (1)
50. Standad of Disciple - [15 pts] +1 on leadership, but can not use the generals leadership
51. Banner of the eternal flame [10 pts] Unit causes fire attacks
52. Radiant flag [5 pts] Only one use, unit can re-roll first failed leadership test
53. Scarecrow banner - [5 pts] Unit causes fear on all units with “fyling”
54. Book of Ashur - [70 pts] Bearer gains +1 on his spells and dispels
55. Scroll of reaction - [50 pts] Only one use, if an enemy wizard casts a spell, the player can read this scroll instead of dispelling. The spell will be cast successfully. But after resolving the spells effect, the player will roll one dice for every used power dice. For every 5+ the wizard will lose a wound, no armour saves are allowed.
56.Scroll of energy predation(?) - [50 pts] Only one use, if an enemy wizard casts a spell, the player can read this scroll instead of banning. The spell will be cast successful. But after resolving the spells effect, the player will gain as many dispel dices as the wizard used power dices.
57.Sivejir’s curse scroll - [50 pts] Only one use, if an enemy wizard casts a spell, the player can read this scroll instead of Dispelling. The spell will be cast successful. But after resolving the spells effect, the wizard will be a frog, if he is not able to roll one d6 below his magic level. All stats are reduced to 1, only his wounds stay the same. He can not use his magic items etc or cast spells/dispels. The wizard can try to free himself in his next own magic turn on a 4+
58. Energy Spell - [35 pts] Only one use, every doubles will cause total energy and loss of control
59. Coal-pitch wand - [35 pts] Only one use, wizard can decide to use the staffs power after a successful casts spell to increase the score by rolling an additional d6. By that he can gain total energy and a loss of control
60. Forbidden Staff - [35 pts] Only one use, at the beginning of his magic turn, the staff grants d6 energy dices. Bearer suffers d3 wounds, no armour saves are allowed
61. Rougue shard - [25 pts] Only one use, one has to declare the use of it at the beginning of his magic turn, if an enemy wizard want to dispel a spell cast by this wizard, he will lose one wound on 5+, no armour save allowed.
62. Grounding staff -[25 pts] Only one use, wizard can re-roll first loss of control
63. Dispel Scroll - [25 points] Only one use, dispels one spell automatically
64. Powerstone - 20 ptsOnly one use, declare to use the stone before you cast a spell. Wizard can use two additional power dice, but has to use at least one from the power pool.
65.Sceptre of stability - [15 pts] Only one use, after rolling to dispel one spell, you can roll an additional d6.
66. Channeling Rod - [15 pts] Bearer gains +1 to channel an additional energy or dispel dice
67. Spell of Protection - [15 pts] Only one use, if an enemy wizard casts a spell, the player can read this scroll instead of banning. The spell will be cast successful. But after resolving the spells effect, the targeted unit gains a 4+ ward save for caused wound.
68. Wizards Hat - [100 pts], Level 2 mage, random magic lore, stupid
69. Pocket-watchtower - [100 pts] When both armies have placed their terrain and troops, you can place a watchtower. Rules are in the rules book
70. Arabic rug/Magic Carpet - [50 pts] Infantry and monstrous infantry gain flying, cannot join units (have no idea what this means)
71. Crown of command - [35 pts] Bearer is Stubborn
72. Healing Potion - [35 pts] Only one use, gain D6 lost wounds.
73. Winged Curse ring - [35 pts] Flying creatures and their riders have to re-roll successful hits against bearer/unit
74. Rubyring of destruction - [25 pts] Bound spell (energy level 3) Fireball
75. The mask of Horror - [25 pts] Bearer causes horror. Other units are not allowed to use his leadership
76. Potion of Stregth - [20 pts] Only one use, +3 strength(thought it was d3...)
77. Potion of Toughness - [20 pts] Only one use, +3 toughness (same as above)
78. The other rouge shard [15 pts] All models in base contact (friend and foe) need to re-roll successful saves
79. Curse Icon -[5 pts] 6+ ward against war machines
80. Potion of recklessness - [5 pts] Only one use, Immute to Psychology and +1 ATTACK ON THE CHARGE
Sure we can make some dirty Chaos characters with those. 3+ Wards anyone? Here's some bits I remember from my read of the book
Charges: Charges are 2d6 + Movement. If your movement is more than 7" it's 3d6, pick the 2 highest, plus movement.
When charging you must get as many models into combat as possible.
Persue & Flee: This is 2d6 for Movement 1-6 people and 3d6 (pick the 2 highest) for people with 7+ Movement.
Monsters and Handlers: Handlers don't mean anything now. They can be shot as normal and if they all die the monster takes a Monster reaction like always. However they don't count towards combat, don;t fight, shoot or do anything other than control the beast. for all intents and purposes they are ignored apart from shooting. you even don't count them for charge range etc.
PANIC: You take a panic test for Terror, 25% Casualties. If a unit has been destroyed within 6" for any reason. A Unit breaks from combat within 6". Take a panic test if a friendly unit flees through you. (how useful is "Will of the Gods" now eh?)
War Machines and Panic: If a Warmachine crew suffer panic they do not flee. They hide under their Cannon and can't fire next turn.
Some other bits and Bobs.
1: You can only have one Scroll, one Power stone, one anything. Also, Scrolls and Power stones count as Arcane Items so no taking a scroll AND a Power stone/familiar.
2: Flaming weapons now cause fear in Monsters, Chariots and Cavalry and also get to re-roll to wound against people in buildings.
3: ASF cancels out ASL. There is no strikes at Init one.
4: All lone monsters get D6 stomp hits. Thats everything. Scorpions, Daemon Princes, War Shrines, Giants and so on.
5: ASF gives you re-rolls to hit if your initiative is equal and/or higher than your opponents.
6: The Overun into existing combat is still there so people will get to fight again. Same as it was in 7th.
7: Stupid models are imune to Psychology.
8: Terror does a Panic test, other than that it's the same as fear. There's no extra combat res.
9: If you have flanked the enemy AND you are in the rear the bonus is cumulative. so you'll get +3. Likewise there seems to be no required number of models to gain the flank/rear bonus. You can get the bonus with just a Character.
10: Units are stubborn if they have more ranks than the enemy. It doesn't matter if the enemy have flanked them it just relies on the ranks of models not the bonus.
11: Large Targets? No such thing as +1 to hit anymore. They just can't claim cover. That's it.
12: This is wrong - Magic Item: "80. Potion of recklessness - [5 pts] Only one use, Immute to Psychology and killing blow.(Guessing its for one turn or one round of combat?)"
It's actually Immune to psychology and er....Devastating Charge(?) Basically you get +1 Attack on the turn you charge. Not bad for 5pts
13: Battle Standard Bearers let you re-roll all Ld based tests. Panic, Fear, Terror and so on. Even Stupidity.
14: Chariots don't always do d6 impact hits. It says that some chariots do d3 and it states so in their army book.
15: Chariots don't get support attacks. IE Tomb king chariots in ranks.
16: Monstrous Cav pulling chariots do not get stomp.
17: You may not have your unit within 1 inch of another unit. Friendly or otherwise.
18: MAKE WAY! if your unit is engaged the unit champion or character may move so they are in combat. Even if the unit is charged in the rear.
19: STOMP!! This is done as an ASL attack. It seemed that if a creature had ASF (such as a Slaanesh Giant) this is cancelled out and it gets its STOMP attacks in init order. Sick?
20: This is rather cool. If a BSB flees from combat he dies. this is to represent the fact that he's a nutter and will never run and let the enemy have the army banner. He fights to the death and does just that. Remove him as a casualty. Note this is only if he flees from combat, not from any other means
I think we have alot of changes to think about.
Fear - So chaos knights get + 1 combat res and can reduce a unit WS1, A1, very nice, spawn can now counter charge units simply in the hope of them failing a fear test, suddenly a unit in combat with you marauders is hitting them on a 5+
Fighting in two ranks - Ogres actually get full attacks, so MoK, Great weapons, 3x2, fear, +2 combat res (3 with banner) 24 S6 attacks, 3 ASL S4 attacks, cant be at all bad, forget the chaos armour, just run them nake up the field, its worth a try!
MR - Well its mot great but hell i think i would rather have a 6+ wardsave against magic because of my jugger than + 1 dice, +1 dice never helped, what about tzeentch units with collar of khorne, 4+ ward save against magic missiles, not bad at all
Warmachines- they actually give a save now! that is really going to help out chaos warriors and chaos knights, cannons works like bolt throwers, very nice
Like you said, stream of corruption, i think i might have to include that, hmm, im going to have to totallt redesign my list :-/
It will be interesting how the Errata Fury of the Blood god as that's currently MR2 and a 4+ ward against wounds caused by spells.
If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.
JIM: I doubt it mate. Khorne armies would end up having more dispel dice than the enemy army has Power dice!! would be fun though.
I'm not sure what they're changing for Frenzy. I heard that you don't have to charge but I'm not so sure. If thats the case Khorne Horsemen got even better!
Ah there you go. At least I wasn't making it up. Still with LD8 or 9 we should be able to comtrol our units fairly easily. Well except the Horsemen.
Pah! to your excuses. You're always tired, drunk and/or both.
Sign of age mate. Tis sad times!! I'm on my 3rd Pint this evening and I'm almost asleep!
Aye Khorne/Frenzy armies are going to actually be fairly playable now. No longer will you be able to bait Chaos Knights around the board for the game. A shame as used to love doing that to Blood Knights *sigh*
Something else I've noticed. Hell Cannons. They're Monsters and Large Targets. Doesn't that mean they get the STOMP THEM! rules? an Extra D6 str 5 hits isn't a bad thing! and makes up for the Stone thrower nerf. Hell Cannons are actually pretty nails in combat if thats true.