What's best now? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is best with Chaos now?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Magic

11 22.45%
  • Anti Magic/ Magic Protection

12 24.49%
  • Marauders

15 30.61%
  • Warriors

33 67.35%
  • Chosen

7 14.29%
  • Knights

4 8.16%
  • Marauder Horsemen

3 6.12%
  • Monster units (trolls, ogres etc)

12 24.49%
  • Big Monsters

2 4.08%
  • Character allowance

4 8.16%
  • Mounted characters (on dragons, juggers etc)

3 6.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

What's best now?

Ok lads and gals.
    What is best with Chaos Warriors now?
    What got the biggest boost, or was nerfed the least.
    All in all, what's your favourite thing with chaos now?
    Please tell us how you think too.

"The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

Ok, I made the first vote and chose:
    Magic
    Anti magic
    Marauders
    Warriors
    Big Monsters

Magic, what can I say? It's the middle road now that is the winning road. Too weak wizards and lots of them will be dispelled if they doesnt use a high amount of dice. also they have to share the dice pool and devide all the spell among themselves. Level fours are just too expensive compared to what weaker wizards bring. A few level 2s on the other hand can share the lores between them and can add lots of casting bonuses thanks to Mot and Skull of Katam. add in the Third Eye of Tzeentch and you'll even borrow some spells from the opponent. Glorious.

As for Anti Magic I have just two magic items to share: Black Tongue and Infernal Puppet. The Tongue will force a deadly miscast on the opponents wizard and the Puppet will allow you to maximize damage in his ranks while you minimize damage if one of your own wizards miscast.

The marauders are our only source of really big units of infantry. No matter how you equip them, you will need lot of 'em. So from being a choice often scorned by players thay have become mandatory.

Warriors are our killers, and thus our winners. Chaos Warriors have always relied on kills to win, and these guys will do the killing with their number of attacks, their equipment choices, their overall good stats and armour.

As for Monsters we have some of the nastiest monsters in the game and they all got better. My favourite is the Hellcannon because we could need some good ranged aggression, and it just got improved rules. And it's a killer in combat - for being a cannon.
    Last edited by Mr_Wayne; June 23rd, 2010 at 23:22.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Hellcannon is my new favorite TOY !!!
    5000 pts of WoC, 5000 pts of Orcs and now 3000 pts of Ogres...What was I thinking ????

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

MAGIC:
    Aye the Magic Spam has been slightly nerfed. The random dice roll with Power dice means that on an average roll you'll get 7 Dice. Thats enough for 3 or 4 spells at most so taking loads of wizards is a waste. So, you can either take a single powerful lord who gets to use all the dice and has lots of bonus' to cast or you can take a few LEvel 2's. Personally I'd take the Level 2's - Give one the skull and one the staff of scorcery and you've now got +3 to cast on all your spells and +3 to dispel which is almost Lord level!

ANTIMAGIC:
    Alas the scroll caddy is no more. We are now limited to just 1 scroll per army. This isn't a bad thing though as magic has become less obscene so we don't need the defence. As for what defence we have left our old reliable Black tongue and Infernal puppet have just become seriously nasty!!

MARAUDERS:
    These plucky little fellows are our big stubborn blocks. They are the Anvil of our force but they can also be the hammer. A 6 wide unit with Great Weapons and Khorne will kick out 13 WS4 Str5 attacks and due to the step up rule they'll get to attack unless you run out of models to replace them. This is seriouly nasty as most opponents will take some horrendous casualties against our cheap fodder.

WARRIORS:
    The new rules favored our Warriors in almost every respect. Striking at initative is a massive boon for these lads as they trump almost everything out there bar Elves. Plus they pack the punch to do some serious damage with halberds or two hand weapons. Alas the step up rule means attacks are still going to come their way so they will be taking casualtes. still they should be winning combats through kills.
    Last edited by Lord Borak; June 24th, 2010 at 09:41.

Master of secret stuff HappyJim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has to be Chaos Warriors, they have recieved such a boost with 8th ed its unreal, makes me happy because i have been using infantry armies since 4th ed, people laughed at me, they scoffed, who laughing now

Black tongue is going to be a real nasty piece of work unless they errata it, fury of the blood good is also going to be pretty good now, not amazing but pretty good

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

What about the Hellcannon? Stonethrowers don't have to guess range, so you just put the template where you want and roll the scatter die. Against, hordes, that could be huge. Two of those bad boys banging away at hordes, along with the -1 to leadership banner could put non-ItP units in a serious hurt.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, dual hellcannons are a great detachment to support infantry. Combined with Pandaemonium, you might actually scare some of those hordes right off the table. Imagine a unit of 50 goblins/slaves/state troops running off the table first turn due to a leadership check at ld 5-6.
    Current Army
    Ultramarines

Master of secret stuff HappyJim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cant say i would be worried bu a unit of 50 goblins/state troops/slaves deployed 10 wide. i would just charge them in the front with two units thanks to that massive frontage! I agree dual hellcannon will be nice however that is a hell of alot of points in two models which i could see made useless with ease, TLOS means it cant hide so say good buy to the crew.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Aye, I'm looking at the Hell Cannon now aswell. With the new Stomp rules it's actually pretty nails in combat and I might just use it as some form of Giant Spawn. Unbreakable, Toughness 6 and a 4+Save should be quite hard to get rid of and at 20pts less than a Giant it's looking like a pretty good deal. The Cannon is just a bonus.

The problem I have with Hell cannons is I just can't see a roving band of Chaos warriors having a Hell Cannon. They'd be slow (with Dwarf Crew). So they just seem to be one of those units i'd only ever use id their was a seige game..

Maybe I'll just convert some horrid Chaos Beasty and use the rules for a Hell Cannon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak View Post

The problem I have with Hell cannons is I just can't see a roving band of Chaos warriors having a Hell Cannon. They'd be slow (with Dwarf Crew). So they just seem to be one of those units i'd only ever use id their was a seige game.
    Well, your army could be on his way to siege a city, thats what I would choose for fluff. Of course, my armies were always mostly composed of infantry units (which makes more sense then a cavalry list).

By the way, don't anyone else find the new Frenzy rule incredible. We lost 1 attack from the horse, but we won't be baited very often. I don't think my knights will leave home without the banner of rage.
    Last edited by dapredator66; June 25th, 2010 at 16:10.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast