Named characters in 8th - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Named characters in 8th

I know a lot of us have issues with even fielding named characters in a normal game, but for those of us that do..... are your selections going to change at all? Based on the charging rules and the overall shift of power going down to rank and file, about the only obvious choice i can see coming into play this upcoming edition is sigvald. I can see running him with a unit of warriors that might not quite have the static combat resolution that we will eventually come across while fighting, well, pretty much any other army. Anyways, this is just a thought, feel free to list some ideas of your own!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz5cl131KTk

I wonder if there will be cake.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Well, for starters, I don't think the two headed dragon is worth it anymore, since you can only use a breath attack once per game, and Archaon is really expensive for what he does. In fact, most of the close combat focused heroes/lords aren't going to be as impressive under the new rules, since killing the entire front row at a high initiative doesn't have nearly as much of an impact. I'd rather have a Chaos Lord w/MoK, Juggernaut, and 100 points of magic items.

On the other hand, most of the spellcasting characters still look like solid choices. The 4th level sorcerer of Tzeentch (Vilch?) and Festus Leechlord will probably be staples in a lot of my lists.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking at taking Wulfrik in an upcoming 1500 point game...... 40 marauders coming in from any table edge, guaranteed to make my opponent crap himself. Although in true marauder fashion they will probably do badly, panic, run and get chased down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

Festus is awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

Depends really, now that you can pretty easily get a 5+ ward save on Warriors, the 5+ regen Festus provides isn't as powerful, especially since I think you have to choose between a wardsave and a regen save. Admittedly he is a level 2 nurgle sorcerer as well, with all the advantages that brings (Magnificent Buboes on a 3+ people! 3+!)
    +++XENOS SPOTTED+++ thrilling battles within the Vitorina subsector: http://xenosspotted.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

120 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Chatawax View Post
    Depends really, now that you can pretty easily get a 5+ ward save on Warriors, the 5+ regen Festus provides isn't as powerful, especially since I think you have to choose between a wardsave and a regen save. Admittedly he is a level 2 nurgle sorcerer as well, with all the advantages that brings (Magnificent Buboes on a 3+ people! 3+!)
    That poisen thing he gives to the unit he's in too, downside his unit pursues one less dice, although if they are catched its extra victory points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

56 (x2)

Is poison really useful to us though? The victory points thing is cool though, and not so noticeable if'n you're playing against stunties.
    +++XENOS SPOTTED+++ thrilling battles within the Vitorina subsector: http://xenosspotted.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

120 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Chatawax View Post
    Is poison really useful to us though? The victory points thing is cool though, and not so noticeable if'n you're playing against stunties.
    A level 2 wizard, that gives poisen and 5+ regen to a unit is worth the points. I'd probably put him in some marauders, makes them tougher and hit harder (Marauders are already very good for their points in 8th)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

56 (x2)

Myes, he -is- good for his points...
    And marauders are just awesome, so cheap but still weapon skill 4? Plus all the options for them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

Festus is still forced to challenge when he can. it might put an end to him quickly.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast