What to buy for 8th edition? Adapting my Force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What to buy for 8th edition? Adapting my Force

Hey there LO crowd. I've recently been offered $350 for an old Empire army and figured the time was ripe to expand on my WoC army for 8th. This army has been around for a while and I used to used both Daemons and Beastmen as allies. Now I can use my beastherd as marauders and my Daemonettes as cheerleaders.

I was wondering if you guys could help me plan my wishlist. I can't get the rulebook until next week but need to give the guy my order soon so I'm kind of guessing. Here's what I have so far (mostly Slaanesh-themed):

-Lord on Dragon
    -Character on Slaanesh Steed
    -Standard Bearer on foot
    -2 Sorcerers on foot or chariot

-20 Warriors painted in purples and with 2 hand-weapons
    -20 Marauders painted with a little purple but easy to repaint to a theme. Hand weapons and shields (16 models and a 4-model filler)
    -20 Beastmen of Marauderyness
    -10 Hounds

-2 units of 5 Knights with standard and musician (not painted, hurray for options)
    -6 Converted Ogres (unpainted but looking very Nurgly)
    -2 Chariots (why are these special now?)
    -3 Dragon Ogres

-1 Ugly-looking Spawn

What I was thinking was that I'd need to beef up the Marauders and maybe the warriors. I'm also in need of some light cav. so:

-One WoC Battalion for 20 Marauders, 12 Warriors, Hounds and knights (really don't need knights)

-4 boxes of Marauder Horsemen

This puts me at around 240 CAD. Is this a good plan?

Thanks in advance for any help and sorry for the long read.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

You don't need the hounds or knights really from the battalion. And 4 boxes of marauder horsemen might be a bit too much. Vanguard makes the fast cav better, but you'll run out of room, unless you're planning for 2 or 3 bigger units, which might not be bad. I've always found more than 2 units of dogs and you end up blocking yourself more than your enemy and now dogs won't even provide cover for the knights behind them.

Might think about a character or two more.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

moar hellcannons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might be right about the Battalion: You can buy 16 Marauders for $42 which, plus tax, comes to about $3/model. The Warriors are the same cost for 12 and so are $4/model. The battalion contains 20 marauders and 12 warriors which would cost you $168 by itself. Thats $40 before tax wasted on models I don't need.

How about getting a Marauder horde?

4 boxes of 16 Marauders and 4 boxes of Horsemen gives me (once I add the ones I have) 80 Marauders and 20 Horsemen. Also, I still have the 20 Beast-Marauders if I need it. This all comes to about $300. I can get some characters!

+ Reply to Thread