Juggernauts 1+ max armour save - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juggernauts 1+ max armour save

Am i reading the 8th ed rules correctly? It says the max armour save is a 1+. so if we break down a hero on a juggernaut we have chaos armour 4+, shield 3+, mounted 2+, barded 1+, juggernaut 0+....... except now thats not allowed. So is there still a place in the army for a juggernaut, other then that its such a cool model?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite the maximum 1+ save the Jugger is a stronger choice then before. You don't have to buy the rider a shield, so put those points towards a ward save or go for a two handed weapon.

You also have the added bonus that he wont be led around the table by some fast enemy unit, so its going to be a much better unit as he will go where you want him. This alone makes him a much better choice.

Take a Chaos Lord with the Armour of Dargan and the 4+ ward talisman and you can go wandering around the flanks on your own chopping up and MSU and warmachines you encounter. Or even use him as flank support, you dont need to break ranks, just chop stuff up
    The man of tomorrow is judged by his battle today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I know shields no longer give +1 armour save, they give a 5+/6+ (?) wardsave, so the Juggernaught will have a +1 Armour Save rather than 0+.
    Warriors of Chaos (Nurgle) - Warhammer Fantasy Battles

"Cowards die a thousand deaths. The valiant taste of death but once."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic_Monster View Post
    From what I know shields no longer give +1 armour save, they give a 5+/6+ (?) wardsave, so the Juggernaught will have a +1 Armour Save rather than 0+.
    shield give the plus one armour save but dont give the other +1 for HW and SH they give a 6+ ward save instead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

The Juggernaut is great. Because it gives +3 to the armour save you're not forced to take the shield to reach the 1+. So you can have an 1+ Armour Save and still have both hands to use a halberd or great weapon. A Chaos Lord or Exalted Champion have S5, that's S7 with a great weapon and still have the 1+ Armour save, without having spent a point on magic items. In what way is this bad?

Now you can spend magic items points on:

Helm of Many Eyes;
    Gives ASF, so with a great weapon the Lord strikes in Initiative order

Dawnstone;
    Let you reroll your armour save. Great when you have a 1+ save

Talisman of Preservation;
    4+ Ward Save.

Armour of Destiny;
    Heavy armour, gives a 4+ Ward Save, great when combined with jugger and dawnstone. The guy is almost unkillable.
    Last edited by Mr_Wayne; July 14th, 2010 at 13:22.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is such a nice item list to put on him, I do believe that I will use that But should I put 3 level 2 sorcerers instead? Or does the Juggernaut take an extra slot up? Sorry I haven't aqquired a Army book yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

well, you cant take all of these items on the same character because some are too expensive and some are from the same item category. It's just a list of items that are very nice.

What slot are you talking about? There are no more lord and heroes slots anymore. We are back at points percentages of the army whole. You're allowed 25% lords and 25% heroes. Also, the Juggernaut is a khorne only mount, so no wizards on that one.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so now there is an errata for the rules which states "...does not prevent a model having items or special rules that would take the save even lower, it simply caps the saving throw at 1+...." does this make it any more clearer for anyone? To me it just seems to say, 'hey, even though you are already at 1+, you can still take that shield..... but its not going to make any difference' so a -2 armour modifier would still end up being 3+ instead of the 2+ it would have been. If this is the case, then what was the point of doing an errata for it, cause its the same as before anyway.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

It clarifies that a model with a 0+ or lower isn't illegal.

Also, shields now clearly give +1 armor save if you don't have any armor.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I am reading it is saying that you can have a better armor save than a +1, but when you roll it will never be better than a +1. With the way it is worded in the errata you could take it as meaning you can have -1 armor save which str would then modify and then when you roll to make the armor save it can not be better than a +1.

Very unclear in the errata and I can see it going either way. Who writes these things?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast