Khorne Warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Khorne Warriors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khorne Warriors

This probably should be in the painting section of these forums but i though the people who i need advise from would more likely read it here.

I'm currently painting my khorne warriros of chaos and was told by my local store to first paint them mechrite red, then 50/50 mechrite red and blood red, then just blood red and then shadow with thraka green. however I think that the blood red is too bright for warriors of chaos (don't want my men to look like blood angels) so was just wondering how you guys went about painting your khorne units.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Basecoated with Mechrite Red. Then washed it with Badab Black, and Devlen Mud. Then I did some highlights with mechrite red, and finally edge highlights with blood red, and stippling with blood red. Don't worry too much about them looking too much like blood angels because the washes 'grunge' them up. Nothing too fancy, but I like them. ........ Besides which, how could you have Khorne warriors and not paint them with the paint that has 'Blood' in its name?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

Khornes colours are red, black and brass. You don't have to paint them red. you can make one unit red and the other black. or both units black with a red highlight/trim.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Red gore solves all ills. Over mechrite red and you're set. I've always found blood red far too bright.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I agree, after having been down that road myself, that blood red is way too bright. Besides it doesn't cover larger flat areas like armour plating very well in my opinion.

I paint my khornate guys much like Chopstyx, only without the mechrite red highlights, and it looks pretty damn sweet if I may say so =)
    So Mechrite red followed by a wash of Badab black mixed with some brown wash and then edge highlights with blood red. The contrast from the dark washed mechrite red to the very bright blood red makes 'em look sharp and nasty.

Happy painting and enjoy your buckets of attack dice

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

If you want to get a little involved but look like pro, go with some sponging.
    Black basecoat (or Army Painters' brown)
    Mechrite Red, leaving edges showing black/brown
    Red Gore for large highlights, leaving edges showing
    Sponge in orange for your edges, to finish them in rust
    Finish with dullcoat mixed with Devlan Mud

Makes for darker warriors, with an abused and rusted edge on the armor. You can also look for techniques to age the brass, which is also very easy considering how much it adds to the model.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking to paint my red using liberal mixing with Dark Flesh. I personally like painting up using mixes with the same base colour. Going from 50:50 Blood Red/Dark Flesh to 50:50 Blood Red/Fiery Orange is my idea of a "darker red". I totally agree that Blood Red is way too bright for a base colour, if only because you can only really highlight up to yellow and your overall look becomes either pink or orange.

Another idea I got from Mr.Wayne just now is starting with 50:50 Red Gore/Black for the "almost black" effect that is kind of like the way Dark Angels are just barely green.

Happy painting.

+ Reply to Thread