Nice terror/-leadership combo - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice terror/-leadership combo

Hi heres an idea, (well it looked better till i realised i would need a lord/sorcerer as the gift is to high for champ)

Exalted champion BSB with doom totem
    Lord/Sorcer lord with diabolic splendor
    Both in unit with eitherof them having Mask of Eee or the unit having wailing banner

Thats a terror test with a -2 modifier.

If that could be combined with a doom and darkness cast that could be nasty.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

It's a bit of an old tactic to be honesty matey . It's still a nice combo though and you can do it with quite a few other things, Hell Cannons are another good one to use with the Doom Totem.

The combo is a bit expensive to just scare people though. Plus there's quite a few people out there who are immune to phychology or cause fear themselves. Against Undead or Daemons you've just invested over 100pts in a useless combo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

it's true. I ran the list against orcs once, worked wonders, but against elves/daemons/undead (btw that's like half the armies) it'll be pretty useless.
    Fear me, mortals, for I am The Anointed, The Favored Son of Chaos, The Scourge of the World. The armies of the Gods rally behind me, and it is by My Will and by My Sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, The Everchosen, Lord of the End Times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good idea, but to many points. I have thought about it to actually and there is a much better way to do this. With the new rules for alliances, you can take a daemon ally. I don't have the books with me right now, so I don't remember all of the names for this stuff. Take what you mentioned earlier in the warriors army and have the daemon army include the masque of Slaanesh, who can choose to decrease either your movement or Ld by D3. There is also a Daemon magic banner that decrease all enemies within something like 12" or 18" Ld by 1 or 2. I forget. (I'm not a daemon player). Then, take a chaos sorcerer with the mark of Slaanesh. The #2 spell makes every enemy unit within 18" take a panic test! One of the spells makes either a friendly unit or an enemy unit frenzied and takes D6 str 3 hits each turn its in play. The enemy units will be easily baited with the minuses in Ld and will suffer minor damage. The daemon slaanesh spells are also very devastating if the enemy is at negative Ld. The daemonettes in the daemon army will cause fear at the massive negative mods while the warriors realease many high str attacks. The combo is awesome, but takes much finesse and practice to master, plus it doesn't work on all armies. However, its still hilarious and fun when you pull this one in one of those legendary battles where you have to take a castle, and being a warriors of chaos player, you're always having to march at the walls with 18 dwarf cannons lined up against you and a billion thunderers and empire handgunners. At least that's the job I tend to get. Then you cause panic on their whole line with terrible mods.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Fear and Terror have been hit with the nerf bat. Now, you don't autobreak for causing Fear or Terror, and the only way that enemy has to flee directly away from you is Terror. With all the rerolls from banners, and high Ld Generals or units, the items just aren't worth it anymore.
    Now, a HellCannon backed up by the Doom Totem is awesome, as the unit needs only be hit by the cannon for them to be testing at -2Ld (-1 for Totem, -1 for Canon). I've scared off many a unit this way.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread