Chaos Warshrines! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Warshrines!

I don't doubt the Warshrines ability in fact I intend to field atleast 1 if not 2 to boost my 3k to 4k Warrior Army. However before I go about creating one, has anyone else had a good go at them?

I want a Khorne theme shrine, the typical piles of skulls, dripping blood, 4 warriors astride, pulled by one warhorse or potentially a Jugger.

So what I was wondering is what parts to use?

As a base:
    + Chaos Chariot
    + Skellie Corpse Cart
    + A major Skaven screaming bell conversion?

Thoughts would be much appreciated before I go and spend some dosh.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Here's a few of mine.

I only have W.I.P pics of this one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

curiously, how big do these run base-wise? I've been fielding mine as chariots, but I don't think it actually ever lists the base size...
    Fear me, mortals, for I am The Anointed, The Favored Son of Chaos, The Scourge of the World. The armies of the Gods rally behind me, and it is by My Will and by My Sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, The Everchosen, Lord of the End Times

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

No it doesn't which gives you even more scope for conversions. It just says it fights and acts exactly lie a monster so as long as it's at least on a monster base you should be fine. I assume GWs release will be on a chariot base though so it's probably best to stick to that as a template to prevent arguments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two birds with one stone... Forgot to ask about potential base sizes.

Thanks Borak for the pictures certainly more than what I was expecting! Where did you find the chain you used to link the steed to the chariot?

I think I may need to locate my own loft to find the inspiration, seems to work very well for yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

My Tzeentch shrine is a steamtank kitbashed with Reaper's Well of Doom. So its basically a 'daemon engine' with tentacles sprouting from a mounted portal.Still need to put an Icon on it.

(WIP. I'll get picks of it later.)
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like the Warshrines.
    They're a good support to your army and the blees can be useful.
    I run mine as Tzeentch, so might not be much help modeling wise.
    I've made it as a Disc of Tzeentch. Lots of runes, flaming icon on top of it, and some floating books kept in place by chains (not painted yet).
    I'll get some pics up when I get a new card reader.

As a Khornate warshine, I'd get a lot of skulls and do some big brass Khorne symbol. (It's late and I'll probably come with more ideas tomorrow as I'll head to bed now)

//Andse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good post. I'm also in the process of making my warshrine. I am making a Tzeentch shrine, and I will not use a corpse cart as to many people use it and I want to be original.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vearak View Post
    Thanks Borak for the pictures certainly more than what I was expecting! Where did you find the chain you used to link the steed to the chariot?

No worries. The chain is just jewlry chain. You can buy it from most modeling site. The one i use is Squires Model and Craft Tools There is loads of nice goodies in there. It's a UK Compnay.

+ Reply to Thread