Blood-Lusty Khorne - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood-Lusty Khorne

Title says all - I am thinking of doing a more 'visually appealing' khorne army - using Valkia although slaanesh also has his hold because I have ideas.....

Basically Slaanesh has 'teh sexy' factor but mostly on the demons and demon princes etc. I have ideas for conversions: Converting the chariots from a box of seekers & tomb king chariots and then use the excess bits for 1 or 2 warshrines, converting a demonette into a marilith demon lord thing and using all of the other demony bits on the warshrines or converting for chosen.

However I have difficulty imagining pink chaos knights or warriors of slaanesh so I think purple will be the way. In addition I'm not sure about warhounds of slaanesh. :-( (seems a bit uncouth) so I think the battalion box is out. But I would have more magic / magic defence than a khorne army. Finally I have ideas on converting some ogre kingdom ogres with hoods spikes and chains (gimp/slave ogres) which adds variety and theme.

But for Khorne I would like to use Valkia who i think is a cool idea fluff wise - she could double for a demon prince if necessary or even a magic carpet lord. Also it would be a cool conversion opportunity. I could also sculpt brass collars onto the warhounds where appropriate to make them more khornate (and be able to say 'Release the Hounds!') I have ideas for Khorne warshrines too and I think I prefer the colour scheme of Khorne's red however it lacks on the sexyness as its mostly dudes in red armour with some marauders thrown in but I thought of using some 'handmaidens of khorne' (idea nabbed from here) as chosen or forsaken {forsaken = mutations, chosen = cooler weapons}, and using man-eaters with sufficient khornate additions as my ogre unit and chaos knights of khorne are just made of awesome anyway. That would give me enough 'uniqueness' to my army but I wouldnt have stuff to make custom chariots unless I shelled out for more chaos knights to get the horses (chaos chariot mini = DIRE).

My only problem is lack of magic defence really :-( But by doing an army with Valkia I have limited other characters at 2000pts (enough for a naked sorcorer..) I could always have a 'captured' fire wizard or something but I'm not sure...

Basically I'm asking for opinions, advice and ideas on army structure as well as conversion opportunities. I'm torn between the two, both of which I have ideas for conversions for and it's a bit gutting as I will only be able to do one of them at some point. Perhaps I should finish my tau and see if I'm sick of painting red first..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a lot of cool stuff all mashed together. I don't know if the army resulting from all this would have any cohesion unless you whittle the ideas down or blend them together. Are you saying you want to do a Slaanesh theme with conversions for Mark of Khorne? I was thinking of doing something like this myself. I know that Khorne Knights are sweet but the rest of the army is all blues/pinks/purples. Solution? Paint a Purple/Red Scheme for them with unique-looking weapons and a slightly more blood-thirsty banner. I'm still in the process of painting these guys but hopefully the "blood-orgy" look is ok.

If its the daemonette conversions you're after then I think they'de look great as Marauders with less Daemonic arms and such. I personally hate the new Daemonettes and the old ones are really hard to convert (partially because of the metal, partially because of the sexy). Can't help much here mate.
    "She worked her toes into the sand, feeling the tiny delicious pain of the friction of tiny chips of silicon against the tender flesh between her toes. That's life. It hurts, it's dirty, and it feels very, very good." -Orson Scott Card

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

However I have difficulty imagining pink chaos knights or warriors of slaanesh so I think purple will be the way. In addition I'm not sure about warhounds of slaanesh. :-(
    How about using Using metalics? You can do a metalic Purple or do a Purple wash over some silver? Maybe go for some pastel Greens or Blues. Slaanesh doesn't have to be pink. As for Dogs, I've used the old Wild Cat (pantha) Model GW did years ago. I doubt they still sell it but I'm sure other companies will do pantha esq models.

Finally I have ideas on converting some ogre kingdom ogres with hoods spikes and chains (gimp/slave ogres)
    Check out the Man Eater Ninja. He pretty much fits that bill perfectly.

Marauders: How about using witch Elves? or infact, any Dark Elf model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Witch elves don't have much variety although they could make good chosen if I managed to armour and spike-ify them.

My main issue is I have 2 different chaos gods, 2 sets of ideas and can only do 1 of them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any ideas for using this mini to make valkia? Add armour to the legs and horns and wings and a spear?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've thought out some ideas and if anyone could provide feedback or input that would be helpful.

I've been thinking more of the conversions which make the army fluffy/what it is:

Lilith Hesperax with some wings as valkia - I don't like the the living saint conversions and the helmeted head is more Khornate

A de-imperiumed, de-eviceratored Sister repentia as hero/champion (forget gimp masks - EXECUTIONER's hoods!)

Converted demonettes as chosen/possessed - fluff wise with Slaanesh being god of excess these are warriors who giving into excess blood lust converted to khorne-ism as he's the only thing worth fighting for now. Give them kickass swords they're chosen. Or Possibly use them as posessed either as they would have the girbbly bits and fast movement but possessed seem a bit naff rules wise.

Using one of the repentias torsos on bloodcrusher legs to make a crusher mounted hero

Corpse carts with the other 2 juggers either as chariots or warshrines - not sure which yet though. Imput on shrine vs chariot would be helpful.

Ironguts as Chaos Ogres of Khorne - they have sufficient crunchy weapons, Chaos Armour and are sufficiently kick ass :-)

I then need something like a flayed/tortured (poss Slaaneshi) socorer, who is trapped by the warband but I might be able to use the corpse cart necro as this by adding some chains or shackles to the mini.

Other additions would be liberal use of chain and skulls as well as proper icons from GW :-)

Feedback on the ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

+ Reply to Thread